So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

Morning!  P.C.- hope the blustery day settles down over there.

purelife- You guys have a great weekend at Harrison.

Gotta love the Bellini.  Years ago, I had an embarassingly large collection of plastic Bellini animals.  They were literally all over the dashboard of my truck, all over my desk at work.  *sighs*  What can I say.  Milestone's was the halfway point between home and work.  It was a logical pitstop.

Y'all remember that the Milestone's Bellini also comes in a fish bowl.  The fish bowl Bellini used to be about $12, but I'm sure that price has increased...

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Belini animals ?

Good morning Lil Me.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

Morning P.C.!  The Bellini animals are the little plastic charms that the bartenders at Milestone's stick onto the sides of the Bellinis and martinis.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

OK....just looked them up.  Holy cuteness.

I have a little tin from my moms place of similar little guys like that.  They were around since I was a kid.  I think they may have come from the Christmas Cracker things.

[img id=BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5116170174660785282 style="DISPLAY: block; MARGIN: 0px auto 10px; CURSOR: hand; TEXT-ALIGN: center" alt="" src="http://bp2.blogger.com/_zTtzTeAxrbs/RwBJqs8atII/AAAAAAAAA58/CW5eEEqoJG8/s400/Bellini.jpg" border=0]

(somebody had one too many Belini's maybe ?  LOL)

Lil Me

Is it my imagination, or did the Christmas Cracker prizes used to be better?

As I kid, I had Crwon Royal bags full of Christmas Cracker treasure.

P.C.

They used to be MUCH better.  They are actually quite collectible, and some go for a pretty good price (same with cereal box treasures)

You can get some now with some pretty good 'prizes', but you need to mortgage your house for them.  (I buy the little explosive thingees and make my own.  The only problem with that, is that I'm never surprised with my treasure.  I have to feign surprise.  Oh look....a diamond ring)

Lil Me

oohhh!  Great idea to make Christmas Crackers.
 You could put some great gag gifts in there...

purelife

Good morning Lil Me and PC and Van_guy.. (well, good evening to you)

Oooo...I remember those charms.  I like 'em too.  I have a curious george sticker on the rim of my monitor.  I don't remember who gave it to me or where I found it, but it looks nice. :)    

P.C.

Good morning purelife !

Yes....you can select more personal prizes.....and you could FORGET TO PUT THE TISSUE HATS IN, so you could actually eat your dinner with some level of dignity intact.  

Lil Me

It just wouldn't be Christmas without the stupid hats.  

purelife

My brother has his driving test on Monday and I took the day off so that he can use my car.  I hope that he passes.  He failed the first one.   I'm coming back to work on Tuesday with a meeting from 8:30 to 2pm (one hour lunch) and a few more meetings later on during the week.  damn meetings!  GRRR      

P.C.

Sportsdude

Hahaha great story VG
Stay Safe P.C.
Good Morning PL and Lil Me.

Darn, this was my 'accomplish something' day. There's still time, but stupid Knocked up was on at 3am in the morning when I got home on HBO.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

That's exactly how I feel, PC.  That's too cute for words. :)

I had chocolate milk and chicken wrap for lunch.

For some odd reason, my body feels kinda shakey and I'm feeling mellow... maybe it's because I'm tired.  It's so hard to get out of bed these days.  I'd rather sleep all day long.

Sportsdude

Chicken Paprikash for lunch.
lol Pl since when is being mellow a bad thing? :)

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

|