So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

lol....thanks Gentle Fawn.  There's no shortage of birds out there, but I guess they're more interested in the fresh spring fare than the bird seed right now.  They'll come around when food is not so plentiful. (I'm just impatient...lol)
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

gentle fawn

[FONT color=#ff00ff]MAYB3 BLOW TWO?!??!!!?! OMG LOL[/FONT]

P.C.

Erm.....ummmm......well I.......it's just that I...um.......

Lil Me

Maybe if you put the food ON TOP of the bird house they will start to get the idea.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

Lil Me

Sportsdude wrote:
Well know someone with a gun usually a .22 who owns a farm and just shoot cans all day. That's the only way to learn. lol
 --

I know.  Funny, Mr LM and I were discussing the same thing last night.  Heckyl wants to learn to shoot.  Mr LM, the good Alberta boy, knows how to do all this stuff.

I suggested that Mr LM get a membership at the local shooting range, but Mr LM doesn't want to store guns in the house.  So we'll be buying an air rifle only, but visiting the in-laws and farmer friends for shooting a .22

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lil Me

Michel wrote:
Birds don't like the fresh paint smell. A few days/week/months will fix your tenant problem PC.
 --
 Hang an air freshener.  lol

Michel

Lil Me

Michel wrote:
So what did the pharmacist said? Did he got you a product that would help healing ?
 --
 Pharmacist said to keep taking the oral antihistamines- more effective than the antihistamine cream.
 So I'm taking Bendaryl at night, Claritin during the day.

Michel

Sportsdude

Lil Me wrote:
  Sportsdude wrote:
Well know someone with a gun usually a .22 who owns a farm and just shoot cans all day. That's the only way to learn. lol
 --

I know.  Funny, Mr LM and I were discussing the same thing last night.  Heckyl wants to learn to shoot.  Mr LM, the good Alberta boy, knows how to do all this stuff.

I suggested that Mr LM get a membership at the local shooting range, but Mr LM doesn't want to store guns in the house.  So we'll be buying an air rifle only, but visiting the in-laws and farmer friends for shooting a .22

Yeah. I was going to put down "Just go over to Mr. LM's family's place in Alberta." lol
So he's embraced Mr. LM's side of right of passage? lol The Farm side tried in vein to get me to pick up some of their traditions (mainly hunting, I like walking in the woods, I'm just not hell bent on shooting everything). Kept a few, I like going hunting with my cousin, but we never see anything and I've never applied for a licence (so I don't carry a gun), so I've gone 'half way'. Grandpa gave me a gun in his will. It's got a 500 dollar scope on it. To me that's the only thing interesting about it. I think he knew though I wasn't that into the whole hunting thing (just fascinated with the concept), he gave my cousin the 1950s era 12 gauge when it was up in the air of who would get it. lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

[img style="WIDTH: 60px; HEIGHT: 104px" height=128 src="http://www.kpao.org/pine-tree-car-air-freshener.gif" width=60]  LOL

It's been painted for about a month and a half.....maybe two.

Glad you're on the right path with yer hitchy feets Lil Me.    

Lil Me

Forgot to mention....I picked up a family heirloom from my aunt and unc today.  An almost 60 year old pogo stick!!!  Metal.  Green.  My mom's family played with it, then it was given to me and my sis, then to younger cousins.....now Heckyl and Jeckyl have it.  So excited!  

P.C.

omg....I used to have a pogo stick.  Loved that thing.  Tell the munchkins to be careful....pogo sticking on the balcony can be dangerous.

[img height=215 src="http://www.kk.org/cooltools/archives/boing.jpg" width=315]

Sportsdude

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

|