So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Van

Its kind of like Spring Training PC. By mid summer you will look back and laugh at those aches! Mwuahahaha!

I know when I pulled weeds for a few hours, I was in more pain than I ever was from riding a bike. Woke up some muscles I never knew I had.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

P.C.

I hear ya Van.  It's been a pretty sedentary fall and winter.  I've been hauling boulders from two properties over....and that alone was a bit of a workout.  And although it seemed like the woodpecker that destroyed the retaining wall seemed to have little trouble.....tearing it out was tougher than I thought. (I should have waited another couple days and let him finish it)
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Van

Then that poor woodpecker would be all worn out! Poor lil feller!
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

P.C.

Poor lil feller ????  Check out what that lil bugger did in 10 minutes (pictures only thread)

Van

lol! ok. I will have to check back in a bit. I am a sweaty mess and need to shower. I think the neighbours are going to call bylaw!

chat later.

purelife

Good evening everyone.

Yes, I'd like to know how your ankle is doing as well, LM?

Has anyone ever visited a chiropractor without havnig an injury of some sort?  I'll be seeing one next week because I heard that it's good to see one at least once a year.  

Sportsdude

all the time. I usually get massages though.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

I didn't know chiropractors give massages?    

P.C.

Has anyone ever visited a chiropractor without havnig an injury of some sort?  I'll be seeing one next week because I heard that it's good to see one at least once a year.

I have a bit of a negative response to that I'm afraid.  I think the only people who say that it's good to see a chiropractor at least once a year are chiropractors.  I had a really bad experience many years ago....a visit to the chiropractor put me on my back for 6 MONTHS.

Never NEVER again.  EVER.

If you go purelife, please make sure he has reviewed ex-rays of your spine first !  Do NOT let him do a thing unless he has.  

purelife

Oh no, that doesn't sound good at all, PC, but do you think you just went to the wrong Chiropractor?  But what's the difference of a Doctor telling his patient to see him once a year vs a Chiropractor?    

Sportsdude

yeah my chiro has a massage person.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Oh no, that doesn't sound good at all, PC, but do you think you just went to the wrong Chiropractor?  But what's the difference of a Doctor telling his patient to see him once a year vs a Chiropractor?

Oh !  I didn't realize your doctor recommended it.  That's almost unusual.  

I don't know if it was the wrong chiropractor or not....I just know that I would never trust my spine to one ever again.....even if my doctor recommended it...which it think is rare.  It was a weird experience.  I had had really bad back problems since the birth of my first child....and somebody suggested a chiropractor.  When he did the first 'manipulation', I was close to nirvana.  I had back pain for so long, that I had forgotten what it felt like to be pain free. It felt GREAT !   But by the next morning, I couldn't move.  I don't mean that it was uncomfortable to move....I couldn't move...period.  

purelife

That's another person I need to see soon...a massage therapist but I don't want to see the doctor for just a note.

Y'know, I have this extended medical through my company and I think I should make use of it.  lol

ok, here's a wee bit of an update from my "job."  well, after having told my Supervisor that I applied for xyz internal position, she told the other supervisor and the mgr and then she told my coworkers who work "under" her.  hmmm, uhm, I don't even have an interview and it's a big deal now?  

And for some odd reason, I'm feeling great about it!

Lil Me

purelife- I go to the chiro quite a bit (and so do Heckyl and Jeckyl).  Mr LM does not- he doesn't believe in it.
 Who are you going to see?  You can PM me.  I've got a great chiro in Port Moody, and I also know of a chiro in your area (friend of a friend).
 Totally offtopic, Nira Aurora's hubby Dr Gary Gill is a chiro in Delta.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

P.C. wrote:
[em]Oh no, that doesn't sound good at all, PC, but do you think you just went to the wrong Chiropractor?  But what's the difference of a Doctor telling his patient to see him once a year vs a Chiropractor?[/em]

Oh !  I didn't realize your doctor recommended it.  That's almost unusual.
[span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 191);"]
Oops, sorry, that wasn't what I had meant.  My doctor didn't recommend anything.  I made that comment after you had said that all chrios tell people to see them once a year because they're doing their job.  So, I was wondering how it would be the same when our Doctors keep telling us they need to see us once a year.  Uhm, now I think I'm just confusing myself, come to think of it... er ...never mind. :)
[/span]

I don't know if it was the wrong chiropractor or not....I just know that I would never trust my spine to one ever again.....even if my doctor recommended it...which it think is rare.  It was a weird experience.  I had had really bad back problems since the birth of my first child....and somebody suggested a chiropractor.  When he did the first 'manipulation', I was close to nirvana.  I had back pain for so long, that I had forgotten what it felt like to be pain free. It felt GREAT !   But by the next morning, I couldn't move.  I don't mean that it was uncomfortable to move....I couldn't move...period.

[span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"]oh dear...I'm sorry to hear that.  I've never been to one and this one that my guy sees is great, according to him.  I defintiely don't want a sore back for months... I'll make sure he takes xrays before he cracks anything...[/span]

|