So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

Lil Me wrote:
SD- you've heard people call it "WinterPeg", right?  

yeah I know. lol when it was warmer then van isle during the fall i called it summerpeg
My friend went to University of Winnipeg, tries to tell everyone to go there within the group. It looks like a nicer looking St. Louis from the pictures I've seen.

ahahah the gulags. lol
well one girl is from  Vladivostok and the other is from Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk so I think they're used to the cold.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

haha. There's the Corn Palace in South Dakota. I've sadly known people where that was there honeymoon.

LOL....we went to the Corn Palace.  Also Wall Drugs....who had signs every 3 miles for 3 states.  We HAD to see it.  Corn Palace was....well...corny.  Wall Drugs was cool.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

I'm totally jealous!  I've never been to the Mid-West.  Mr LM has.  He drove a U-Haul from Utah to New Brunswick for a sick friend.  Had Jeckyl not chosen to be born that summer, I too could have toured Indiana!!!  

Did go swimming despite the ankle.  Heckyl went to the dance (had an ok time).  Had an interesting discussion on the way home with Heckyl and two of his friends....a couple of them witnessed someone steal something and felt powerless to do anything about it at the time.  So they told me.  Great.  They want me and the other parents to tell Thief's mother (a person we all know) , but they don't want to be the "tattletales".  Great.  I really need to sleep on this one...

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Did go swimming despite the ankle.  Heckyl went to the dance (had an ok time).  Had an interesting discussion on the way home with Heckyl and two of his friends....a couple of them witnessed someone steal something and felt powerless to do anything about it at the time.  So they told me.  Great.  They want me and the other parents to tell Thief's mother (a person we all know) , but they don't want to be the "tattletales".  Great.  I really need to sleep on this one...

Awww....poor little guys.  Well bless their buttons for putting it out there.  Good opportunity to validate that when you have knowledge of a wrong doing and you tell a trusted adult, it gets dealt with. (?)  (was that as subtle as an ox?)   I say good on them !!!!

How did the swim feel on your ankle Lil Me?

Michel

Michel

Lil Me

Tanks P.C.!!!!!  I know something needs to be done.  I just need to figure out the what and how.  it's very complicated.  Let's just say that I suspect that Thief's parents have some, er, financial irregularities.  The proverbial apple may not be falling too far from the proverbial tree.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lil Me

Michel- I LIKE kitch.  

Michel

Michel

Lil Me

hahahaha Thanks, Michel.

And thanks Michel and P.C. for listening to my saga...Much appreciated.  I'm gonna go sleep on it now.

Michel

Sportsdude

midwest is cool, its slower. real slow

well i just got back home. its 4am lol
crazy night. lol that's all i'm saying
haha

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Tanks P.C.!!!!!  I know something needs to be done.  I just need to figure out the what and how.  it's very complicated.  Let's just say that I suspect that Thief's parents have some, er, [SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]financial irregularities[/SPAN].  The proverbial apple [SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]may[/SPAN] not be falling too far from the proverbial tree.

That's sad Lil Me.  I guess under those circumstances, you have to accept that you most likely will affect little response from them.  As long as the 'truth teller' gets to observe that an action was taken.  The hard part is in explaining why other adults may not react with any appropriate consequences.  At least they still learn what is or isn't acceptable in their own house.

Gorgeous day today !!!!!!  Yeayyyyyy.  Daffodils finally burst open yesterday.  Even when it's sunny these days, I'm still finding it mighty cold for this time of year.

Lil Me

Morning!  Cup of coffee with French Vanilla coffee mate. Mmmmmmmmm.  The coffee mate powder smells like cotton candy when it's dry in the jar?!

Weeeell...I need to have coffee with Thief's mother in the next few days and tell her that I have "information"  which suggests that her son took something....I need to clear my conscience by telling you.  And leave it at that.

Mr LM is wonderful.  He (over email) helped me sort out the forest from the trees.
 ADD: Mr LM helped me see that the parents' ethics  are not the issue here.  I need to put that aside for now.

|