So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

afternoon

snack food, I figured out that if I don't buy the chips for a while, I begin to not miss them. Then once I do buy chips, the bag is pretty much gone after a day or two. Same for booze. (not good when you live in the states, everything so cheap (wine and beer wise))

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

And in the States, booze is sold in the local supermarket which is tres cool and way too convenient.

Michel

Michel

purelife

Lunch is this today...

Costco sells a pack of 8 with Minestrome and Lentils, Amy's that works out to be $1.50 each.  CHEAP compared to $2.50 in stores.

Sportsdude

While it seems cool. The idea of bottles of wine for 3 bucks (big bottles not tiny) and then a 24 pack for under 10, leads to over consumption. My family goes through 1-2 bottles of wine a week, then when I'm around its 2-3, 3-4. lol

Wine isn't "special" its our water basically. When you can get 4 bottles of wine for around 12 bucks...

I like that B.C. controls alcohol, hikes up the prices etc. While people moan and groan about how expensive it is (a 20 dollar bottle of merlot here is 5 to 8 back home), it stops you from excessing. It does for me anyway.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Yeah me too.
 *cough*  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Freedom lover

Sportsdude wrote:

I like that B.C. controls alcohol, hikes up the prices etc.

[img style="WIDTH: 32px; HEIGHT: 29px" height=46 src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/richedit/smileys/Angry/2.gif" width=44 border=0]  

kitten

I finally traced down a loose connection in my computer.  Arrgh!  Very frustrating!  I had a chicken sandwich for lunch.  This is a dashing around in circles kind of day for me, so I won't be around for long.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

On the contrary Madame, if you're dashing around in circles, you're evidenly going to be a round for quite some time.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

Happy lunch hour. Just came in from the workshop for some thuthtenanthe ...I mean sustenance.[img style="WIDTH: 36px; HEIGHT: 53px" height=198 src="http://www.dan-dare.org/FreeFun/Images/CartoonsMoviesTV/Sylvester2.jpg" width=122]  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Gopher

Physical, spiritual or mental?
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

Very wide circles.  It takes time to get back to the starting point.  Speaking of dashing, I just noticed the time, so here I go for another sprint.  This time it is a tenant's meeting.  They plan to tell us why they are going to dig all around the buildings and rip up the patios.  *cry*  It could go on until November, the way I hear it.  I'll have to find a sidewalk to set up my lawn chair.  Life can be cruel.  *sigh*

Bye, all.  Chat later.  
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

P.C.

Mental.

But I came in for some food.      
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Van

Pizza leftovers?? *drroooool*
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

|