So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Van

I am off to have my vitamins aka Guinness at the local watering hole.

Have a great evening!
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Sportsdude

well I'm definately not irish.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

My grandmother was Irish.  Her maiden name was Barnaby.  She and my grandfather emigrated to Nova Scotia from Ireland in the late 1800s.

Mom was a Nova Scotia gal.  Not sure about the roots, but with her maiden name, I suspect some Irish there.  Don't know a heap of family heritage, just know that Gramma on dad's side was born just outside of Paris. (Leon or Ruan (sp?))  and Grandpa in Nottingham Eng.

So when's St France/Robin Hood  day ?  

So....I built a bird house/feeder today.  It's a little replica of our house.     (I don't know what comes over me sometimes.)[/DIV]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

[A href="http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk788YYCA" target=_blank][img height=85 alt=Construction src="http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/3/3_11_4.gif" width=110 border=0][/A] Saint France/Robin Hood day???  I'll have to get a more informative calendar.  This one doesn't really cut it with the important information.

What a clever girl you are!  Brilliant idea.  That should attract some upper-class birds!

[A href="http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb096_ZNxmk788YYCA&utm_id=7924" target=_blank][img]http://discoverseattle.net/source/spacer.gif?pc=ZSzeb096&pp=ZNxmk788YYCA" border=0][/A]
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

P.C.

Saint France/Robin Hood day???  I'll have to get a more informative calendar.  This one doesn't really cut it with the important information.

Not important you say ? [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/traurig/a015.gif[/img]

What a clever girl you are!  Brilliant idea.  That should attract some upper-class birds!

I hope so.  Will finish putting the little siding on tomorrow and some teeny cedar shakes for the roof.     We're trying to shift everything to another side of the house.  Since we built the Ebony Lounge, we spent 90% of our time there....so I'm trying to lure the birds into a more.....erm.....birds eye view for us on the other side of the house.  Just put out the humming bird feeders too.  They're persnicketty little fellows, and if you miss their first 'fly by'....they won't come back.  

kitten

When do humming birds show up?  I always thought it was later on in the spring.  The bird house sounds like a beautiful thing.  You still have paint left from the house for the birdhouse?

P.C.

The humming birds have tricked us the last couple years.....showing up in March.  I didn't have their feeders out yet.....and they never came back.  I read that they a creatures of pattern....and will go to wherever there was food the season before.  If it's not there......they move on.  So we've lost them, and hope to get them back. They are so entertaining.......scrappy lil buggers.

I do have all the paint from the house....and the trim colour.  It's a pretty close replica....visually, though nowhere near scale.  If Mr. P.C. built it, it would be bang on.....I'm far less fussy than he.  

kitten

The fact that you built it at all in awe-inspiring.  You are very talented and skilled.  I'm sure the birds will approve of it without hesitation or criticism.  I suspect you are being your own worst critic and the house is flawless.

I can't recall seeing hummingbirds before May, but there likely isn't anything to attract them.

P.C.

I think May is when we take more notice.....but if you're actually watching for them.....it's more often March or April.  I think the year before last, they showed up in the first week of March.  I was so mad at myself, because I had just mentioned only days before, that we should get the feeders ready....but didn't.  Missed them by THIS MUCH.      

kitten

I hope they make up for it this year.  They are pretty little birds.

Sportsdude

well i did my st. patty's celebration. Alright enough about being irish somebody start the accordian! wait, that's not till oktober. damn. lol  

Van

Ireland was the most awesomist..(is that a word??), place I have ever visited. I got a strong spot in my heart for that beautiful land.

Didn't celebrate too had last night. I actually have work I have to do today. Tuesday always seems to be when I realize I got to get caught up on things.

All good though. I love my job!

Happy Last Full Day of Winter!
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

purelife

Good morning Van and everyone else.  

Sportsdude

morning van and pl.
nicer day out then yesterday.

purelife

It sure is a beautiful day, but I'm starting to see some gray clouds...

I almost finished up a handful of almonds... not good...

|