So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

That's fantastic customer service.
*shouts* Hey Everyone: BUY APPLIANCES AT THE BAY!!!!

No kidding Lil Me.  Mind you....they botched the transaction badly right from the get go....and they know it.  And they know that I know.  We ended up with an upgrade on our original purchase, and our sales guy thought we should just be grateful.....when in fact we ended up with a fridge and stove that were not a 'pair'.  After 3 stove deliveries....and 3 separate fridge deliveries, trying to get it right, we finally gave up...or gave in.  But I was always a wee bit pissed off.

Karma has kicked in.  But kudos to them for doing what is right.....many places would not....and certainly not after 3 years.  He has also kicked in our extended warranty for another 5 years.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

I'm sure if you and Saw were polite throughout the process, that helped a lot.  The Bay probably does more for polite customers than psycho ones?  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Saw left it up to me.  

I firmly believe that this type of situation has much better results when not coming across as the squeaky wheel.

The whole process required no 'in your face' discussion.  They were very eager to set things right.  I may have gently steered them in the direction of including the stove as a part of the replacement, because the whole mess revolved around not getting what we ordered.....a MATCHING fridge and stove.  I have NO complaints how the manager has dealt with this situation.  And I agree, Lil Me.....I think they are more willing to deal when the process is quiet and reasonable and polite.

Van

I bought a patio set from the Bay. After years of returning other patio sets from other places due to falling apart, rusting, etc. The set I got at the Bay is sweet! Good quality product and styling too! heehee!

Happy Saturday! I am off for a bike ride. rain or shine!
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

P.C.

Good morning Van.  It's a wee dismal out there today.  Just as well....got a bunch of indoors stuff to do today.  

Well...happy bike riding.

Lise

VD has finally registered! Excellent. One bless point awarded.

My goodness, I've never seen this Lunch Thread move so fast before. How come I keep missing out on all the action????

Spent a miserable night having stomach aches and cramps. I am swearing off that fracken sandwich at the convention. Grabbed the veggie option with cheese and grilled veggies but that backfired. Stupid stupid! I'm eating McPuke next year.

Off to the dentist office this afternoonie. Should be interesting to see how two toddlers behave in the dental office...... you can tell I'm looking forward to the experience.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

beautiful day out today, don't think I'll be doing much outside though. maybe tomorrow. lol  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Hope everyone is having a good day.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Van

My day rocked. Biked until I sweat blood in the morning. Cleaned up and took some of my youth group to a half pipe and wathced them do tricks on their skateboards I use to do in the early 90s!!

Now it is downtime for a bit of music and a (J). Then off to a pub to see a girl I have been falling in love with...(although she doesn't know it yet).

Peace, Love, and leg stretches to you all!
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Lise

Awww.... Van, that's so sweet. Have you tried asking her out yet?

Dental experience of the day. I ended up polishing my kid's teeth since she won't open for him. Next time I'm stepping outside and letting them handle her. I bet she's misbehaving because I was there. We didn't end up letting the littlest one go on the chair because they felt she was far too young. Overall, it was a positive experience. I just hope it'll go a lot better next time.

No cavities. Phew.

Dinner tonight was eggplant with mozeralla and tomatoes. Forgot to buy zuchini to the dish but it didn't taste too bad without it. I also made fried chicken wings on the side.    
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

have fun chasing the girl van, been there over the past couple of months. lol ehh

Lil Me

Hi Everyone!

Lise- aw.  One day you're gonna look back on this and laugh!

Van- You're in love with the bartender?  Update please.

Well, I had early Easter dinner with the extended family aka The Gong Show.  I was running late.  I finally got to the restaurant, then I lost a contact lens on the sidewalk outside.  Found it, but it had a big scratch on it, so I chucked it out.  Made it thru dinner ok, having the good sense not to drink too much because I had to get home with one eye.  Managed to get home...over the second narrows bridge, thru the tunnel, down the highway some more...  Discovered that if I clamped one hand over the blind eye, I was no longer seeing double.  lol

Now I'm at home chugging back some homemade hooch.

Michel

Sportsdude

lol one driving.
hamburger helper again tonight.

Lil Me

Michel wrote:
It would be safe to keep an old pair of glasses in your car Lil Me, even with an older prescription. Play safe.
 --
 Totally right Michel.  I should probabaly carry a pair of glasses on my PERSON all the time.  I usually have a backpack.

Elmo can't see.

|