So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

JJ

Yes, I think Russ might enjoy himself in Mission at the raceway here's the link:

[A href="http://www.missionraceway.com/"]http://www.missionraceway.com/[/A]

Sportsdude

hey back finally, strange day.
Didn't go to Abbotsford instead drove to Squamish.
Went past this massive IKEA store off of trans can around new west/burnaby holy..

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

You didn't go into the Coquitlam IKEA, SD? Shame. It's only like the biggest IKEA store in BC. I love that store! If I could buy everything there, I would.

Have you moved yet, purelife?

Had a 2 year old b'day yesterday. Boy.... felt like I was in the Twilight Zone. Virtually every kid there was a girl. Must be something in the water. We were surrounded by all these little girls ranging from 9 months to 5 years and only two little boys. Kinda funny to see them not play with the boys. Ah well... plenty of time for them to catch up and play with boys later on in life.

Looks like another fantastic beautiful day. Not sure what we're doing but we're heading out. Gotta catch sunshine whenever you can.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

Sounds like a fun bday for Little Lise.  Have a fun day outside.

I drove Mr LM to the airport at midnight and am s-l-o-w-l-y getting on with the day.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Russ

JJ wrote:
 Yes, I think Russ might enjoy himself in Mission at the raceway here's the link:

[A href="http://www.missionraceway.com/"]http://www.missionraceway.com/[/A][/DIV]
 LOL! I havent been to the raceway in a while.. gets the blood pumping pretty good seeing some of the vehicles that show up there.

Hope it was a good bday miss Lise.

Thats too bad miss LM, is he gone for a while? How does your place look? You did carpets and paint right?    
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

nope didn't go in, was in shock from the sheer size of the place and all the cars there.  (never actually seen an IKEA store before...)  

Peter L

I would like to live in Maple Ridge. They have good 4x4 clubs. Not really hillbillies...more like rednecks, but people who commute into Vancouver for work, commute back home to their 4x4 and back hills. I would rather be a redneck than an spoiled Emo...or Metrosexual Vancouverite.

sports, Ikea sucks (to each their own). Their products are cheap quality and it is trendy garbage. People don't buy Ikea for the long term for 2 reasons. 1, it doesn't last, 2 it goes out of style as soon as the next years catalogue comes out.

Lil Me

Yes and no.  Everything is made of particle board...but the BILLY Bookcase and LACK table have been the same for 30 years.  Mine are still going strong, albeit slightly wonky.  I have been through several iteratons of MALM dresser over the years, though.

My favourite thing about IKEA is the 2 hotdogs and pop combo for $1.75
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

only thing i know about ikea is that its swedish, they build their own neighbourhoods now in sweden (i made a thread about that on here) and scandinavian people see it as scandinavian pride. (friends landlord/prof at uni) they go there to "support scandinavia". lol  

Peter L

Ikea has good meatballs...I will give them that.

I think somewhere in Sweden, the executives of Ikea are laughing their butts off saying "WOW! Those North Americans will buy anything!! HAHAHAHAHAHAAA"....*to the bank*.    

49er

Peter L wrote:
  I think somewhere in Sweden, the executives of Ikea are laughing their butts off saying "WOW! Those North Americans will buy anything!! HAHAHAHAHAHAAA"....*to the bank*.

I was in the IKEA in Guangzhou, China last December and they were just as busy as they are here......only difference is there's no parking lot or garage structure next to the building as they do here and Europe

49er

Lil Me wrote:
.......... and Mr LM is packing for his next secret ops mission.

Are you sure he doesn't have another secret family in another city......?

Peter L

LOL, ok, I will re-phrase my point...

I think somewhere in Sweden, the executives of Ikea are laughing their butts off saying "WOW! The World will buy anything!! HAHAHAHAHAHAAA"....*to the bank*.[/DIV]

Peter L

Jeff Healey passed away today at age 41. This guy was a great Canadian guitar player. Lost his eyes to cancer at age 1 and started playing guitar at 3 years old. Grew up in TO's west end.

I wasn't a huge fan, but I did respect him. He could rip it up on guitar and had decent vocals too.

P.C.

Peter L...I just posted a new thread on this before I read this.  I LOVED Jeff Healey.  Too short a career and too short a life.  So sad.  CRAP...still choked up over this.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

|