So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

Thanks, everyone.  Heckyl seems fine today.  He went back to school.
 It was some kind of stomach bug.  There's a lot of "stomach" stuff going around at school this month.

Leftover beef stew for lunch.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Good to hear that he's doing better.

Lunch is mixed bean, coleslaw and tuna mixed together with drizzle of olive oil.    

Sportsdude

brrrrrrr

don't know what to eat yet.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

I had pho.  What a lovely bowl of happiness for $5.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

mmmmmm pho

watching mr. evil on tv.

P.C.

It's snowing lak hek out there.  We're already quite covered in a really short period of time.  Yeaaayyy ! (have to load up the birdie feeders tomorrow)
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

its too light down here for school to be canceled. bummer.
made an omelet with cheese, mushrooms, onions, peppers and a glass of wild horse canyon shiraz.

Lil Me

Snow Day today!
 Half a foot of snow here and still snowing.
 Schools are closed, which is just as well- Heckyl's stomach upset is back.

Trying to finish office work and pack.  Going to Vegas tomorrow!!!
 So excited.  This is the first time I've gone away without Mr LM or the kids.

After 5 days of driving to AB and back with two kids, followed by a weekend of cleaning up after violent sickness, I feel like a I need a break.  Unfortunately, I already spent my Vegas budget on the impromptu funeral trip...but...stilll good to get away...

purelife

Your omelet sounds yummy.

I made it to work... yayayy!!  transit was an absolute nightmare!!!!  If this snow condition gets worse, we're leaving work early... yippee!  :)

I had a freshly squeezed orange juice and a banana for brekky.  

purelife

Good morning LM!  How many days are you going and are you going with friends?  That sounds like fun.  

Lil Me

Morning purelife.

Oh, that OJ sounds good.  Yum.

Just going for 2 days with two friends.  Got tickets for $90 each way out of Bellingham and splitting a $70 hotel room.  It's for a friend's bday.  I've been on holidays with Birthday Boy before...it's always an adventure.  He chills beer by filling the hotel garbage can with ice and sticking in an entire 24.  (personally, I prefer sticking a couple at a time in the ice bucket or the sick but....)

Gotta go to Safeway soon.  We're out of soup.

purelife

LOL sounds like something Russ would do!  Your friend sounds like fun.  I'm sure you'll have a blast there.

Speaking of Safeway, they sell this frozen vanilla yoghurt... verrrrrrrry yummy.

P.C.

Good morning miss purelife...Lil Me

I'm so envious LM....can I stow-away in your suitcase please ?  I love Vegas.  Where are you staying?

Sportsdude

snow day.
lol. So many snow days this year.

P.C.

I think they're quicker to shut the schools down when there's snow now, because such a huge percentage of kids are driven to school or bussed.  

I hate to go into the 'when I was a kid' stories, but I will anyways...lol  I really DO remember walking to school in thigh high snow.  But then my school was filled with kids who lived within walking distance.  The only thing that has changed is the concept of 'walking distance'.  I guess some of that is partly due to safety issues in sending our kids walking anywhere these days ?

|