So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

Vancouver is like being with a new g/f.  It gets exciting in the beginning, but after a while, you get used to it.

bwhahahaha
vancover for me is self medication. i just like going to english bay, sitting on the beach closing my eyes and listening to the water, which calms me. I equate it to going to the farm, walking out into the fields of wheat in the winter and just listening, looking around you, seeing nothing but wheat, and hearing nothing but wind. The wind speaks to you and you listen at peace.

Been gone for a month from Vancouver and the Shangri-La is coming along nicely. Shouldn't be too long. My favourite neighbourhood is West End, it feels like home and cozy, while yaletown or false creek feels distant and miminalist. Granville could be awesome, if planners and city officials new what they wanted to do with it. To me Granville should just be pubs, live music venues (from small clubs to the orphiem) and independent movie theatres (artisty movies no blockbusters). Granville was never meant to gentrified which what apparently the planners and city politicians are trying to do.

My roommate thinks I'm nuts but i love east van. reminds me of where i grew up.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Er.......... it looks dangerous. I mean, if you stand on that and you don't know what the heck you're doing, you could end up breaking your bones!

Other than that, does it come in pink cause that's my favorite color.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Granville could be awesome, if planners and city officials new what they wanted to do with it. To me Granville should just be pubs, live music venues (from small clubs to the orphiem) and independent movie theatres.

That's exactly what Granville used to be.  It was called Theatre Row.  (This pic is the early 60;s I think)  Nothing but theatres and restaurants.  So it's certainly not a NEW idea.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

wow that must of been awesome P.C.  

Lil Me

Hey everyone!

SD-sounds like a good trip to Van.  Glad you're enjoying the city.

purelife-have fun with the bosu ball!

Yes, I went skiing yesterday. It was a good day.

Tonight, I'm at home cleaning up after a vomiting Heckyl and watching movies.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Evening everyone

Lise, you wouldn't break your bones silly girl....  it's not hard as it looks to be.

Oh dear... is Heckyl not feeling so well, LM?  

Dinner was chicken and coleslaw while we watched Pretty Women all over again. :)

SD - Sounds like you're enjoying Vancouver.  Did you get to see the two-corner Starbucks?

Sportsdude

evening purelife.
i saw pretty woman on tv while flipping through the channels, was it that one?
I've been to the two starbucks a couple times now. lol

purelife

It was on tv but I don't know which channel.

I'm glad that it stopped snowing.  :)

Sportsdude

how much did it snow over there, it didn't even snow here. :(((

what's with all this snow anyway, lol, I thought i moved to a rain forest!

P.C.

No snow here either.  I was looking forward to it.  It's sure cold though.

The days are getting longer.  It's almost light out when hub leaves for work.  Spring is on it's way...I can tell, because my cat is shedding EVERYWHERE.  

Sportsdude

the cat is shedding, so does that mean the cat doesn't see its shadow? lol

Lil Me

Morning!

Had a weird weekend.  Heckyl was sick.  Violently ill in his bed around 3am Sunday morning.  During a power failure.  Luckily, I had stayed up late to do some work and wasn't quite asleep when he came to get me.  Got him cleaned up in the dark, put him in a different bed, then spent a couple hours cleaning and doing laundry after the power went back on at 4:30.

Spent Sunday watching movies and doing as little as possible.

Was supposed to go out Sunday night, but decided to stay in, just in case Heckyl had a relapse.  I don't think my 17-year old babysitter can deal with sick bodily fluids everywhere!!!

Today, running errands.  Gotta pay the damn GST remittances.  GST is such a huge pain in the @$$ for small business owners.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

awwww....poor Heckyl...... I bet it hurts your heart to see him sick like that... :(  I hope he gets better soon.  Kids are proned to getting sick when they go to school... *hugz*  

Good morning everyone.

P.C.

Awwww....poor Heckyl.  Any idea what caused it ?  Something he ate ?  Flu ?

It's just sad when kids are sick.  Hope he is on the road to recovery.  Sending some Heckyl Hugs.  

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/d038.gif" border=0]

SD wrote:  the cat is shedding, so does that mean the cat doesn't see its shadow? lol

He has quite a hefty shadow.  He's not exactly svelt....but he DID get the thickest winter coat this year, that I've ever seen him get.  (unless he's just trying to hide a few extra pounds...lol)

Sportsdude

poor heckyl, school's are germ factories.

ah big coat p.c.? When i went back to the states for christmas i completely forgot how freaking huge my cat gets. lol guy looks like he's going to explode. cats...

|