So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

she's fine. She just gives us articles about oppression and we have to find similiarites to the topic at hand, for example we read this story about a blind person and then we had to relate it to what Goffman was talking about.

All my prof's boyfriends/husbands are first nations, so every class is a social justice/ inequality class really. I can't believe I've had to actually defend the United States in every class though, the article's completely gloss over Canada's pathetic record on minorities. (basically every article we read that comes from a Canadian point of view does the typical canadian line of doing this canada vs. u.s crap which ends up with the typical line of somehow canadians are superior which is a joke)

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

Lil Me

Hey everyone!  Whoa sunny day.  Warm, too!

Melted cheese on a bun, yoghurt, grapefruit and an Almond Roca for lunch.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Gopher

Good to coincide with you again, Lil Me (but not for long, because I must go now).
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

what was michel? the we're better then you stuff? yeah i was expecting it. lol and I'm the traitor so its a bit weird for me to defend a place where everyone is "dissapointed" that I turned my back on America... lol

Had goulash today for lunch, they were serving it after my "I dream about Hungary" class. lol The prof talks about Macedonia for 95% of the class and for some reason it gets me thinking about Hungary. lol i'm such a dreamer

Anyway the swiss head chef at school is an idiot, he makes everything swiss-ish. He has to make the kids write everything in french, for example today goulash was goulaché. bwhaha I told the kid serving me you've spelled the name wrong, he said talk to the swiss guy. Didn't have enough garlic in the dish anyway... lol

Michel

[span style="font-family: Verdana;"]   [/span]

Michel

Sportsdude

heath ledger 1979-2008

P.C.

.......and so......
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

Lise

SD - next time wear the American flag on your t-shirt and say nothing. Then they'll probably stop picking on yankee land.

Dang. I'm tired.... gonna go to zzzz land soon. Waaaah... .May isn't coming fast enough. I want my holidays now!!!      
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

g'night Lise.

Well, turns out my state's been liberated
[a href="http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/talk-of-the-day/talk-of-the-day/2008/01/blunt-opts-against-reelection-good-riddance-or-bad-move/comment-page-1/#comments"]Gov. Blunt decides not to run for second term[/a]

"announcing that having achieved virtually everything he set out to accomplish when he ran for governor, he will not seek a second term."

he's the worst gov. in the u.s. one of his accomplishments is cutting 200,000 missouri children, CHILDREN off of heath insurance. We have the highest number of un-insured children in the country, and we rank last in university funding, we also rank first in highest tutition fees in the country for university students (hence why i'm in Canada for economic reasons).

what a free loafer he is, only got elected because his daddy is the #2 man in the House for Republicans.

Put it this way, if you became the next gov. of missouri and bought a kitten and got the cat to go into the liter box, you've accomplished more then Matt Blunt. lol

P.C.

Is he related to James Blunt ?   [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/e058.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

Good morning everyone.

We're going snowshoeing tomorrow and here's hoping that the weather is nice... :))  I can't wait!!!!!

puppy

sports, if you left Canada, Canada wouldn't miss you!

|