So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

haven't done goulash yet, just pork dishes.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Quick hi and hello.  I'm leaving CowTown on my way home.

Funeral was yesterday.  There was 2 ft of snow on the ground when we buried the guy.  Had a big ham dinner with the family after the funeral.  I've missed Southern Alberta food.  Ham,pickles, buns, salad, several kinds of jello salads, more jello salad and "funeral potatoes".  Funeral potatoes are served for every occasion.  It's a cheese-potato casserole made with frozen hash browns.  MMMMMM.  Yummy.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

Hope you have a safe trip back, Lil Me.

Goulash is lovely. I think we had some in Switzerland? I'm not sure if it's Hungarian but it's goulash. It was soo good, we went back for seconds.

Dinner tonight is roast chicken with stuffing. Hmmm..... love roast chicken. Best part is we don't really use the entire chicken but mix with breasts and legs so everyone gets what they want. Have to go out and grab some yams later on or else my kids will complain.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Glad to know that you made it there safe and sound and on your way back home, Lil Me. :)

Last night, I had a girl's night out at my friend's place.  It was SO MUCH fun...something I didn't do for many many MANY years!  I miss these girl's night outs.

Gotta head out to do some grocery shopping.  I hope everyone is having a nice weekend.  

Sportsdude

goulash does rule.

Lil Me

Now I'm hungry for goulash.  Thanks, everyone!

I'm finally back in BC.  In FruitLoops for the night.  Chillin in the hotel room and supervising homework with Heckyl and Jeckyl.  Am I ever glad that I don't homeschool!!!!!

Seems weird to stop for the night when I'm only 3-4 hrs from home, but my night vision is baaaaaaad.

Also weird that I had forgotten what the AB winters are like. We've been back in BC for 10 years now.

ADD: the stretch of Hwy 1 between Revelstoke and Kamloops has got to be the slowest, most boring windy road evar.  I H8 TEH SHUSHWAP.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

I always go by the not driving through the mountains at night rule. I had to do that coming up here in the Oregon and Wyoming stretch. blinding blowing snow with 70mph wind gusts almost blew me off the road (fish tailed going down a mountain) and then in Oregon, the road was bad, my lights aren't the brightest and it was raining.  

P.C.

Night time driving in those conditions is BAD.  Night time driving in those conditions on unfamiliar roads is worse.    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Gopher

Stewed beef and dumplings.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

then on top of that, I wasn't used to driving the vehicle i took. Its big, clumbersome, has massive body roll at every corner, slow brakes. lol

I had to drive through it or get hit by the huge storm that was coming in the morning, next day. I didn't know if I was going to make it through the mountains in Oregon, there was this one section where I didn't see any markings on the road (horrible road, the paint was faded and there weren't any reflectors in the concrete or strips to tell you you're going off the road). On top of that the rain with windshield wipers that do not work very well due to the way the car windshield was developed. (typical gm)

P.C.

Mmm  dumplings.  Now there's something I haven't had in a LONG while.  Why is everything that is so yummy is also fattening.    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Gopher

Heaven only knows. I'd also not had them for ages and ages - and now, having just easten them, I wonder why I haven't had them at least every couple of weeks. Absolutely delicious! Maybe we should all devote one day per month to unhealthy eating.

Michel

Gopher

I mean REALLY unhealthy eating, Michel.

Michel

|