So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

puppy wrote:
sports, if you left Canada, Canada wouldn't miss you!

Canada wouldn't miss me either...

Michel

purelife

That would be awesome.  Last year, we had rain and I was just soaked!

Lunch is miso soup and spinach egg salad.

Gopher

Lunch is delayed because I've been stuffing myself full of dried cranberries and have no room for anything else..
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lil Me

That's a very healthy snack, Gophie.

purelife-have big fun showshoeing!!!  Is it a work thing, or just going for fun?

Leftover soup, cheese on bun and yogurt for lunch.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

afternoon lil me, purelife, gopher, p.c.

went to the pub burger's and fries and two pints. One of those days.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

Hey Lil - it's through work. :)  Oh, got a Q for you.  Do you have just one mattress on your bed frame?  Or do you have two?  If only one, do you find it low to the ground?

Lil Me

Just one mattress.  I find the height ok.  Well, it all depends what you're trying to do :)  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

49er

.....a bed frame requires a box spring and a mattress, a platform bed requires only a mattress

Lil Me

I must have a platform bed, then.  

purelife

That's good to know, 49er.  I think ours is going to be a frame.

Evening everyone.  Pizza for dinner tonight.

Lise

purelife wrote:

Canada wouldn't miss me either... [/DIV]
     I'd totally miss ya, purelife!!!!

Off to the passport office tomorrow to do my passport. Hoping it'll be smooth sailing with minimal wait.

Hey what do you guys think about this scrub set? Is it sexy enough? I'm not too crazy about the top... but I do like the pants.

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Heya Lise - pants look nice, the top could be shorter. ;)    

Sportsdude

I found proof that the U.S. Federal government is anti-Canadian

This is the entire "Crime" portion in the travelling to Canada section for U.S. travelers on the state department website:

CRIME: Although criminal activity in Canada is more common in urban areas, violent crimes such as murder, armed robbery and rape can occur throughout the country. Visitors to large cities should be aware that parked cars are regularly targeted for opportunistic smash-and-grab thefts, and they are cautioned to avoid leaving any possessions unattended in a vehicle, even in the trunk. Due to the high incidence of such crimes, motorists in Montreal, Vancouver and some other jurisdictions can be fined for leaving their car doors unlocked or for leaving valuables in view. Auto theft in Montreal and Vancouver, including theft of motor homes and recreational vehicles, may occur in patrolled and overtly secure parking lots and decks. SUVs appear to be the particular targets of organized theft.

While Canadian gun control laws are much more strict than those of the U.S., such laws have not prevented gun-related violence in certain areas of Toronto .

[a href="http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1082.html" target="_blank"]http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1082.html[/a]

If you think that's a normal summary of a country's crime I'll give you Germany: (every other country is like this one)

Violent crime is rare in Germany, but can occur, especially in larger cities or high-risk areas such as train stations. Most incidents of street crime consist of theft of unattended items and pickpocketing. There have been a few reports of aggravated assault against U.S. citizens in higher-risk areas. American travelers are advised to take the same precautions against becoming crime victims as they would in any American city.

[a href="http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1123.html" target="_blank"]http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1123.html[/a]  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sawdust

I don't see that as anti-Canadian, I see that as factual. Everything that was written there is true. The lower mainland, and Surrey in particular, have had the highest rate of auto theft in North America. Vancouver has a gang task force to deal with gun crime and Toronto's mayor is screaming for a ban on handguns due to all the gun crime.
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

|