|

Sportsdude

oh lucky you lil me, i want to be a ski bum too. lol
where do you ski?

macaroni grill for dinner.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

Good evening everyone.  

Do you snowboard at all, LM or just skiing for you?  I've never skied before and hope to one day, try it out.  

We're going up snowshoeing in Jan. and just can't wait!  

Sportsdude

i found skiing easy. Once I learned the basics for a morning class, I could do all the "green" lines.  

Lil Me

Hey!  Just back skiing for the 2nd year after a 20 year hiatus.

Mt Seymour- cheap seasons passes.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

morning!

mt. seymour, that's awesome lil me.
do you have ski's that you own or do you rent?

Lise

Hey Lil Me, you sure do ski a lot! I'm sure the rest of us are teh jealous.

Snow. Snow. Snow. More snow. At least it snowed on Christmas Day which is wonderful. I don't remember having a white Christmas in a long time. Made tons of food that day, roast chicken with TWO package of stuffing because everyone wants stuffing, roast yams and sweet potatoes, stir-fry sugar peas with mushrooms, samosas, rice with chicken, my own homemade baked cake and yes... newest addition this year was cranberry sauce. Funny enough, NOBODY but yours truly ate the cranberry sauce with chicken. They all thought I was weird spreading jam on meat. Go figure.

Didn't do much boxing day shopping. Can't understand why ppl are lining up for hours just to get some clothes... like the Lulemon Athetics (spelling?). The lineup to get in was hideous and ridiculous. Me? I just got some cards at 50% off and a sweater for my little one. That's about it.  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Quick hello.....have had a full house for the last few days.  A couple more to go.  Love having guests, but I do miss some quiet time.

Hi and bye to everyone. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/a010.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

hi and bye p.c. *waves*

I went to Mens Wearhouse and got two "Vancouver" casual coats. So now I've got Vancouver and Island clothes.

Lil Me

Sportsdude wrote:
do you have ski's that you own or do you rent?
--

Cheap used ones.  Bought them last year.

Eating General Tso's flav chips from stupidstore.   very good (addictive!)  snack  food.

Entertaining the vising outlaws, but they've gone out for a couple hours.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

cool. okay, got to find cheap used ones. thanks lil me.

haven't had anything to eat today.

purelife

Hmm, never heard of General Tso's chips.  I'll keep an eye out for them.

I just made myself a smoothie... yummmmmmmmmmeeeeeeee and then heading out for another turkey dinner.  

Sportsdude

lol oma just called she just got my merry christmas card that i sent on the 13th today. Poor oma, the stamp was in french, she can't read french.  

Lil Me

Hey!  Chicken for dinner (red pepper garlic chix from Costco), potatoes, veg.

Finally went out to the mall.  5:00-6:00 was good.  Most people were leaving around then.  New snowboard pants, goggles, t-shirt, hoodie.

Any New Year's plans, anyone?  Being old and boring, we're just gonna chill.
 Most years, I'm coming out of the shower at 12:01 and hearing the fireworks outside.  I start kicking Mr LM awake as I remind him there's a bottle of champagne in the fridge that I'm gonna drink by myself unless he gets off the couch...

Sportsdude

old and boring! no you're not.

don't know yet, depends how the family get together down on the farm the day before goes. Probably nothing. Get ready for the trip back to b.c. on the 2nd.

purelife

Good evening everyone!!!

Got back from mom-in-law's where we had our belated 'xmas with turkey dinner.  Yummy.  We got soooooo spoiled with gifts this year.....  

I hear ya about trying to wake up the mister in the house, Lil Me.  Every year, my guy has always slept and I was the one awake.  I think this year, I'll be asleep.  We don't usually do anything, just listen to the fireworks and have the fireplace on (the fireplace that's on tv).

|