So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

woah its crazy outside  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

JJ

Hold on to your hats, and button down the hatches.  More wind to come.

Lil Me

The rain has slowed here this am, but it's still a VERY BLUSTERY DAY.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Gopher

Not so much windy as out and out miserable here, damp, dull, dreary, drab, dank, dripping and dismal. I'm cheering myself up with a vast supply of peanuts and raisins.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Russ

Rainy and windy here. Powers out in some parts around us. The car tent thingy we have in the backyard got shredded.. another 300 bucks for a new canopy.. jeebus.

Hows DS today?
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Gopher

Russ wrote:
   Hows DS today?

Slow, there only seems to be the two of us here at the moment.

Russ

Too true Gopher.. and soon there's gonna be one.

Im getting diry Starfishie looks as theres something thats utterly important that needs to be done. Dont ask, I dont remember what it is.. but Im going to get up and make like Im getting ready to do something and she will hopefully mention something about it.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lil Me

Howdy!  

Gophie- we used to call that GORP (good old raisins and peanuts).  Yummy!

Russ- sorry to hear about your canopy :(

Mr LM is on the roof of the complex with our neighbour.  Our plumbing contractors dropped a 30ft snake down a roof vent and couldn't retrieve it.  The contractors want to knock out 3 bathroom walls to find it...then Mr LM had an idea using the "rare earth magnets" from Lee Valley and rope.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Gopher

He dropped a 30ft snake? What was he doing with it on the roof? Did he take it up with him - and if so, why?

Sportsdude

a snake? were they playing some kind of joke on the neighbours? Sounds like suing possibilities if it were in the states.

beautiful day out here.
power did not go out at all yesterday.

Lil Me

Oh.  Ha ha. Not a live snake.  A metal auger for cleaning pipes.  

Gopher

Bah, that's ruined the little scene that was playing through my head.

Sportsdude

lol. i was thinking like a real one that slithers.  

Lil Me

No luck retrieving the snake.  Walls to come down later this week :(

What a nice day.  Cold out there, but sooooooo sunny.

Sportsdude

bummer on the walls.
nice out outside. looks like the second part of the storm is coming.
I know people in who went surfing at tofino this week, in the storm. that's nuts.

|