So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Russ

Evening DS'ers...

Went over to Starfishies and moved two truck loads of junk to the dump. Lots of it was from the basement where her brother lives.. he had a flood and had to remove everything.. wow, that junk stunk moldy like.

Thats too bad Lil Me about the Sani Snake.. I was gonna say just leave it cause its a vent.. but yeah, probably should if its a building like that and the contractor did it. They are paying for it right? Not the occupants?    
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

beautiful night out.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Russ wrote:
Thats too bad Lil Me about the Sani Snake.. I was gonna say just leave it cause its a vent.. but yeah, probably should if its a building like that and the contractor did it. They are paying for it right? Not the occupants?
 --
 Exactly. The contractors are paying for it.  My friend, who works in the pipe inspection industry, told me it should come out.  It's only 1.5" copper pipe- apparently that is considered small for a vent in a complex our size.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Evening everyone

Will the Contractors be paying for the extra damage they have done?  I sure hope so if they are at fault.

Our parent's basement flooded once and it just reeked.  I know that it's really bad for you to smell it too.  I know someone who lived in a basement suite in Slur-ville and her suite had terrible mould.  She was often sick...I'm glad that she moved outta there.  

I'm glad that the wind finally died down.  It wasn't easy to sleep last night, but the nice part was pizza at Me N Eds. :))

Lil Me

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Just read your post Lil Me.  And good evening to you Miss. :)))  (glad that they're taking the responsibility)  

Sportsdude

grilling brats in a skillet. I figured out how to simulate grilling on a skillet. just put a thick plate over the skillet and it traps the heat. brilliant!  

purelife

You could use a pot lid that fits over your skillet.  That way, you don't have to use a fork to lift the plate and risk getting burned.

Does anyone use an apple slicer?  I used it for the FIRST time ever a month ago and recently brought one from WalMart.  I love it.  :))  It's my lazy way out of cutting apples. :P

[img]http://www.afcoltellerie.com/store/resize300.asp?path=d:/home/nowheref195/cgi-bin/img/Tagliamelep.JPG&width=300"]

Lil Me

I have a cheapo plastic apple slicer.  Keeps falling apart :(  

Sportsdude

don't have a big enough lid so i use a huge plate.  

Lil Me

Russ- you're such a good guy heping Starfish's brother.

I sure hope Mr Saw and Ms P.C. are ok out in the woods.  We haven't heard from them for a while, so they have no power?

Russ

Evening Miss LM and PL..

I agree. PC and SD must have no power again..

Good to hear LM that the contractors are paying.. 1.5 inch does sound a bit small.

Sportsdude

*shouts* I'm here!
the winds were bad but i think nanaimo missed everything because from what i've heard everywhere around except this area got smacked. no power outs either.

Russ

Sportsdude wrote:
*shouts* I'm here!
the winds were bad but i think nanaimo missed everything because from what i've heard everywhere around except this area got smacked. no power outs either.

Sorry SD.. I honestly didnt check the thingy page at the front.

Hullo!

Yeah? So no power outtages around Malaspina?

Sportsdude

nope none. I didn't even know there was a storm until my roommate came back from vancouver and said the ferry was rocking back in forth where people couldn't stand or they'd fall over.

The interior of my dorms are so well insulated i couldn't hear a thing, wish they were insulated that well on the inside. lol

|