So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

P.C.

omg....so how DO you get into that thing ?  And how does it taste?

Add:  Not the subway....the coconut....lol    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

purelife

Coconut milk is so yummy...I bet the ones from Hawaii are the BEST!  My mom uses the end of a the meat cleaver blade to dig the hole in those suckers.    

Lil Me

It tasted good- a bit "squishy" in texture and less coconutty than a regular coconut.

I don't have a cleaver.  I poked the eye of the coconut with a screwdriver, drained the milk (which was actually clear)- and then smacked the coconut a bunch of times with a hammer.  Scooped the meat out with a spoon.

I had Subway a few times during the summer.  It has gotten waaaay more expensive!  (mind you, I remember when the foot long veggie sub was $2.99 or something silly like that)

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

I've seen those things for year, but never knew what they were.  You guys are always eating the coolest stuff.

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/nahrung/c035.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

Apparently, there was an easier way to open it:
 [a href="http://living-foods.com/articles/youngcoconuts.html"]http://living-foods.com/articles/youngcoconuts.html[/a]

I'd seen the coconuts for a while, too.  But today was the first time I'd bought one.  They were on sale at the fruit and veg store.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Screwdriver is a good idea!  I prefer that to the meat cleaver.  You don't like to drink the coconut juice?  

For sandwiches Michel, you'll LOVE The Deli in the Royal Centre.  They make fresh sandwiches where you pick your bread, deli slices, toppings, etc.  And everything is super duper healthy.  They have all kinds of deli meat from bavarian smokie, to proscuitto, to garlic ham, etc and their breads are totally yummy.  On Friday's, it's $4.99.  

Lil Me

Oh sorry- yes, we did drink the coconut milk.  We drained it into a cup.  

Michel

purelife

I only had some shredded coconut earlier because I used some to make my chicken.  Hey, a coincidence. :)))  Now, I wouldn't mind some young coconut juice.  I might just have to grab some at T&T. :))

purelife

In that food court, there's also this teriyaki place that cooks your food infront of you.  It's beside the Subway.  My coworkers go there and they say that it tastes really good, more fresh than that chinese underground place we go to.  I think that food court closes at 5:30...  Well, there's always Timmy's.  :)  

Michel

purelife

oopsies, I just saw LM's new topic on dt food locations.  *slaps purelife's wrists*  my bad.  

Russ

Good morning! Well, another day is off and running...

I use a drill to get into the coconut, and then I use a hand saw or a sawzall, it actualy helps in leaps and bounds if you put that bad boy in a vice. Coconuts are fun.. I get a few at times before a party and cut the tops off, then jam a straw into them and walk around drinking out of a coconut. Great conversation starter.

So its day 2 for me trying to find a place to get my eyes examined.. I decided I should get new glasses about three months ago cause I get headaches from my glasses. And my glasses are kinda rectangular. I didnt pick em I must say.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

|