So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

I don't know about that Lil Me.....Sawdust might find a kegerator a little bit of fun....lol

I use an exacto knife, but that probably wouldn't be the best tool for kids I guess.

This pumpkin I carved a couple years back for a friend who is a Johnny Cash fan.  He worshiped the darn thing.....lol

The pattern came from the website The Pumpkin Wizard.  They are surprizingly simpler than they look.  The have some good free patterns. (at least they used to....haven't checked to see if they still do)

[A id=thelink onclick="return fitsInWindow();"][img id=thepic title="Click to visit ImageShack for Image Hosting!" onclick=scaleImg() alt=img514/4226/oct3002cv1.jpg src="http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/4226/oct3002cv1.jpg"][/A]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

Afternoon everyone.

I like the word "kerogator."  I think of an alligator and Kermit the frog.  So, if a kermit and an alligator mated, we'll have kerogators. LOL

That's a WONDERFUL idea about chick peas and tuna, LM.  I don't think I've had those two together on its own like that...it's always with salad or something but for sure, I'll be heading to Superstore tonight to add that on my grocery list.  Have you tried the Country Harvest's Flax Seed bread?  It is delicious too, on its own.

Lunch for me is shepherd's pie and an apple.  

LM, do you go by a 3 snacks and 3 meals a day thing?    

Michel

P.C.

I love flax bread.

Many years ago, there was a sandwich place at Coquitlam Center called Ruffage.  They had a bread there that was almost black....but it wasn't pumpernickle.  There was also a bakery there that you could order that bread from.  It was the yummiest bread ever.  I wonder if it is still there ?    

Michel

Russ

AFternoon! Well, after all the running around picking up the kit and getting the supposedly already filled CO2 filled. Installed everything, getting the fridge painted rock speckle ( found out its colder than i thought as 30 minutes after I painted it, i touched it and it became one with my hand).. the damn place I ordered my keg from is closed on mondays! Yaargh! I planned on drinking keg beer this afternoon/evening. Ah wells. At least its ready to be keg'd tomorrow.

Lil Me.. although most normal people dont.. theres actually many many people who do have draught beer at home. Its more for the people that think its a neato addition and have lots of people stop by for drinks. Or people that like lots of cheap beer. Im not sure where I fall into except all of the above, lol.

The kits not too bad. It was 310 with tax for all the junk, except the fridge and the 15.50 charge for filling the co2 bottle. It took me about 2 hours to get it installed. Oh, it helps to have a digital thermometer, like the ones you use for doing roasts and stuff, thats on a wire you can string up inside the fridge and run it out of the door to the front. Ive been told to set my fridge to around 34-38 deg F and to keep the CO2 pressure at 12 pounds. Ill see. Im putting a small whiteboard on the front of it for them to mark whenever they take one, and telling everyone its 5 bucks for 3 pints of beer. That will pay for the CO2, the beer, and the electricity. I think.

Wow, I have had soooo many phone calls the last few days for people that want to do dinners and such. Then the second question I got from a few of them is afterwards they wanted to head back over to my place cause my kegerator is ready right? lol.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Michel

purelife

Wow, I have had soooo many phone calls the last few days for people that want to do dinners [FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff00"]and such[/FONT].

I knew you were the ladies man!  Do you think one of your friends posted a profile of you on Lavalife or something?     I guess the "and such" comment would be if the dinner went super duper well, the 'and such' would be the dessert. ;)

Russ

I actually do a few batches of UBrew everytime Im home. Its about 90-120 for 96 pints of beer, then you pay about 30 bucks for cans or 60 bucks for reusable plastic bottles.

I got tired of having a million cans and bottles rolling around everywhere.

The actual kind I have is a bumblebee lager.. its a medium coloured honey beer.  

Russ

Wow, I have had soooo many phone calls the last few days for people that want to do dinners [FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff00"]and such[/FONT].

purelife wrote:
I knew you were the ladies man!  Do you think one of your friends posted a profile of you on Lavalife or something?     I guess the "and such" comment would be if the dinner went super duper well, the 'and such' would be the dessert. ;)

LOL PL.. but I should have clarified. Its mostly couples or groups of friends calling. Well, one person calling representing more I should say.    

P.C.

There has been bear activity Michel.....unfortunately I haven't been lucky enough to see it. *cry*

Michel

purelife

Well, one person calling representing more I should say.

This is just TOO EASY for flame bait, Russ.   But, I'll hold my comments and leave it at the tip of my tongue.  ;)

Russ

P.C. wrote:
 There has been bear activity Michel.....unfortunately I haven't been lucky enough to see it. *cry*[/DIV]
 What would your neighbor say if he knew you were calling him hairy?  

Lil Me

lol at the "and such..."

Russ- I've missed your posts.  I'm glad you're back and telling stories.  I'm sure this kegerator thing is just the start of a whole new series of adventures...

purelife- I'm eating the Silver Hills 16 grain sprouted bread (no flour- made with all sprouted grains).  About $5 for a pack of 2 loaves at Costco.

I usually eat 2-3 meals (I don't always eat dinner anymore) plus snacks.  My eating isn't very regimented, but it probably should be.  I just try to make sure the snacks are healthy- fruit, a spoon of nutbutter, whatever.

P.C.-Ruffage is still there at Coquitlam Centre.  I'll check out the bread next time I'm there.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

|