So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

When I read what SD wrote, I was like "OMG!"  I would never want to meet someone so shallow and narrow-minded. I totally agree with LM about inter-personal skills in the job industry.  I guess SD's gonna learn the hard way.

Hey, I know Casper.  He's a friendly ghost.  He's kinda cute.  My type. ;)

Evening everyone.  

We got back from errands and shopping at Costco's.  

Lise

Aaa.... I can't help but feel a wee bit sorry for SD. I'm sure he doesn't mean what he said, it just came out wrong. He means good in general.

Doing fine, Lady PC. Work is not too bad, I enjoy it because it keeps me busy and pumping all the time. I'm still not used to the coffee break - it's the most insane thing I've ever heard of! 30 mins paid to have coffee??? The wastage of sterilized bags, sundries is incredible. These students go through them like water and do not know the real cost. What does UBC care? They make tons of money so it's like nothing to them.

Other than waking up in the dead morning and going home at peak hours, it's been smooth sailing. Thanks for asking.

What's for dinner tonight, folk? I'm having soup and eggplant.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

I talk to all walks of life, I'm friends with those people I dissed, but I know when its time to leave a party.

I just don't like 'club' atmospheres is there anything wrong with that?

plus they were all getting way too drunk. Spent most of the night talking to my other friends in another building who weren't going crazy.

i don't see how when its time to leave a party makes me shallow? I'd hang out with these people any day of the week when they aren't partying, and I do.

anyway good evening.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sportsdude

making some pasta with a sandwich.  

P.C.

Glad to hear all is going well at work Lise.  It sure sounds like quite the commute.  You're a trooper !

Dinner tonight is Steak, salad and a baked potato.  Too lazy to cook anything fancy....we've had a house full since Thursday.  Yawwwwwnnnnnn.  So tired.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

G'night everyone.  Have a good sleep.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

I just don't like 'club' atmospheres is there anything wrong with that?

plus they were all getting way too drunk. Spent most of the night talking to my other friends in another building who weren't going crazy.

No....nothing wrong with that at all.  I wouldn't have said anything if you said you felt it wasn't worth having a conversation with a drunk.  [/DIV]

P.C.

Good night Lil Me.

OOOOOOOoooo....I get to sleep in my own bed tonight.  The fold-down couch just doesn't make for a cozy sleep.

Sportsdude

woot found the city i was looking for.

good night p.c. lil me.

Gopher

Pemmican - with Saskatoonberries
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Michel

Gopher

More like buffalo jerky, I get it in a packet.

Looks like we're the only two here!
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

cough drops
sandwich for lunch.

Russ

Gopher wrote:
 More like buffalo jerky, I get it in a packet.

Looks like we're the only two here![/DIV]
 I think you were the only two 'there'.

Do tell more mr Gopher.. that sounds interesting. Ive heard of pemmican of course.. who in canada hasnt if you actually paid attention in school. But Ive never tried any.. where did you get it and how much? Im actually interested to try some.

Lunch was McChokenPukes.. It was right beside where I picked up my Kegerator Kit. Now I get to pull out the dastardly fridge, paint, and mount teh hardware for draught (sp?) beer. I might even make a thread of that.

Hope everyones having a fun filled monday.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lil Me

Hey SD, Russ and Gophie!

Fun-filled Monday is right!  (NOT!)  Getting the errands done.  Then, hopefully I can get some real work done.

Pemmican!  Wow!  I think those of us who grew up in Canada can all write a short-answer question on the importance of pemmican to the fur trade...

I had no idea that pemmican was for sale.  I guess they don't need to worry about the shelf life of pemmican in the store- haha.

Lunch was a yoghurt, piece of 12 grain bread and container of chickpeas&tuna.  Eaten in the car in between the gym and Costco.

purelife- I combined the tuna and chickpeas on a whim, and it's really good.  I drained a can of tuna and a can of chickpeas, combined them in a plastic container with some oil and vinegar.  That should be good for a few days' lunches.  It's pretty tasty...might be better with some spices, though.

Russ...everytime you mention the kegerator it makes me laugh.  WHO (except for you, apparently...) needs their own keg tap at home?!  rofl  Most of us (normal humans) buy a couple bottles and store them in the regular fridge!

Does anyone have pumpkin carving tips?  I'm supposed to carve pumpkins with my Beaver kids next week.  Small serrated knife is best, right?  (ie steak knife?)

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

|