So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

I will. I'll have a reading weekend (from all day friday til all day sunday) lol. Never had a mid term either or exam. Community college doesn't count lol.
Each day will be a certain subject reading day.
geography-friday
anthropology-saturday
sociology- sunday

I'm doing fine except for the readings. Its a bit daunting.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

wyk

Sportsdude wrote:
I will. I'll have a reading weekend (from all day friday til all day sunday) lol. Never had a mid term either or exam. Community college doesn't count lol.
Each day will be a certain subject reading day.
geography-friday
anthropology-saturday
sociology- sunday

I'm doing fine except for the readings. Its a bit daunting.

Believe me, that does not work.  All day readings overload the brain and you will not remember anything on Monday. You need to schedule your readings like you would an appointment.  Each and every day, weekends included, spend one hour reading the required textbook(s)/reading(s) for each subject you have.  If you have 3 classes, then that's 3 hours every day.  Borefest or not, be sure to highlight points and write comments on the margins.  Also, see if you can find old exams from those classes.  The student centre usually has copies of previous exams so you can see what kind of questions are asked and focus on those parts.

You're already doing the right thing by not drinking or partying too much.  School is a job, a thankless job you do not get paid for, and a motivating factor could be if you don't get at least 85% in each of your classes you can kiss graduate school good-bye, plus if you flunk out it is back to Missouri.

lazy

*clap clap clap*  

Lil Me

Hey everyone!  Hang in there!  Let's all hold hands and we'll get through this together.
 P.C.-roof
 Lise-shed and getting Lise Jr to preschool
 SD-readings

Better yet, let's form a commune and we'll all help each other out.
 ADD: We'll all be husbands and wives of TehBorken.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

All day readings overload the brain and you will not remember anything on Monday. You need to schedule your readings like you would an appointment.

I totally agree with you wyk.  Perhaps SD has a superhuman brain.  But, I bet that he would get overloaded AND quit reading because dedicating a day for that one subject and then a day for the other is really overwhelming.

But wyk, I don't think SD will take your advice here.  There's really no point suggesting anything to him because he doesn't have the open mindness to try.  That's why I stopped in giving out advice.  It's a waste of time and breath.

P.C.

Hey everyone!  Hang in there!  Let's all hold hands and we'll get through this together.

P.C.-roof
Lise-shed and getting Lise Jr to preschool
SD-readings
Better yet, let's form a commune and we'll all help each other out.ood idea.

Hi Lil Me......Good idea [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="vny!://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/d010.gif" border=0]

ADD: We'll all be husbands and wives of TehBorken.

^^^I thought we already were.

I hear ya purelife.  Maybe a new voice will help.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

purelife

I have to say that wyk has excellent advices and ideas.  She's not so new though.  :(((  

P.C.

Very good advice.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

anyways, how was lunch?

I had this beef stirfry with veggies.

Michel

Sportsdude

purelife wrote:

[/div]But wyk, I don't think SD will take your advice here.  There's really no point suggesting anything to him because he doesn't have the open mindness to try.  That's why I stopped in giving out advice.  It's a waste of time and breath.[/p] [div]

that's bull and you know it, no offence.
Most of the advice you have all given to me I've used.

Sportsdude

You all said have a set plan, did that. I study in the library. I don't go to every party (now I don't even go at all too stupid), I don't waste time. Every little idea everyone on here has suggested I've done and am doing.
I highly doubt anyone ever listens to my advice so that's why I don't give out advice anymore too.

Lil Me

purelife wrote:
anyways, how was lunch?
 --

Leftover stirfry, rice cake with almond butter and a pear.
 Lotsa tea today *sniffle*.  Not feeling 100%

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

|