So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise

Lecture was quite interesting. Invisalign... apparently the new revolution of braces and orthodontic treatment. I was actually quite surprised by the whole thing. I thought these transparent braces would be limited to 'light' cases where crowding of teeth was minimal but they do a lot of stuff that traditional braces do. Of course, with the salesman directing his pitch, it was hard to view the negative.

Funny how Vancouver doesn't do a lot of these transparent braces. It's more ongoing in USA where everyone is so into their appearance and what not.

Funniest part of the evening, the guy said, "Oh I know this orthodontist who did Arvil Lavagne's teeth and he uses Invisalign for her. He said that Arvil was probably one of his worst patients ever. Zero compliance." ROTFL.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Glad you enjoyed it Lise.  I would think with the ever changing technology, you would have to keep up on the continuing education.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

haha that's funny about her, but I'm not surprised. lol  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sportsdude

watched heroes. Looks like they're going the Lost route and not telling anyone what is going on.  

purelife

Sportsdude wrote:
well I've been pre-occupied.  

Well, that's a GOOD thing.  BUT, you're still DS's post whore. LOL!

Anyways, morning everyone.  

Sportsdude

hey lol

i spend more time in the library now.

morning. Love the rain.

P.C.

You'd better love the rain......there's plenty more where that came from.  

I just phoned the roofers (who didn't show up this morning), and told them I'd had enough.  He said well it's raining (which it isn't HERE) and I said 'Well WTF did you think it would be doing if you waited until the end of Sepetmber' ?  Yes I did.....right out loud. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="vny!://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/g038.gif" border=0]

Lise

You're right.... .damn miserable day. *sigh* Fall is truly on its way. If we could just get one hot day, I would be soooo happy.

Dropped Lise Jr. at the preschool to the cries of "Mommy! Mommy, don't leave me!" Ah geez.... doesn't that just break your heart. I feel like getting stabbed by a dagger each time. You'd think she'd be used to it by now but ah man, the ONLY one in the school that cries for mommy.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Awwww....poor Lise Jr.  It'll come Miss Lise.  The next thing you know, she'll be crying because she doesn't want to come home yet.

For your heart. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="vny!://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/d038.gif[/img]

Lise

ARGH!!! DS server crashed!!! *mumble mumble*

Thanks, Lady PC. That would certainly help. I keep thinking with time it'll get easier and easier but it doesn't. Raising kids is certainly one of the hardest thing I've ever done but the most rewarding. I can't wait to be a grandmother so I can spoil my grand kids rotten. Hey, I demand that right!!!

Just ate a Milano's Giant Lady Finger Biscuit from Superstore. OMG. So good!!!!

Bill Cosby.

purelife

Hey PC and Lise.

Did that sort it out with the Roofers, PC?  

Awww..... Miss Jr Dora is adorable...

Yay, I finished my year-end review.  I'm happy to get this out of the way because October is gonna be a buzy month for me.    

P.C.

Mmmm...you could make a GIANT tiramisu with those !

No, Lise.....I'm afraid you're right.  It doesn't get any easier.  But they're worth the effort.

Raining where you are?  It's on the edge here.  

P.C.

lol....I don't know if it sorted it out with the roofers purelife....but it made me feel better.

Good job on the report.....nice to get these things done before deadline.  Do you think you might hve talked them into doubling your wages ?  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="vny!://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif" border=0]

Lise

Hi Ms. purelife. Good to know that your review is out of the way. What are your plans for this October?

Oh yeah... my stupid shed has leaked a bit on the edge again. I get the feeling that the slabs on the end are at an angle. Slopping towards the centre of the shed so to speak. The water is accumulating at one corner. GRRRRR! Well, at least the rest is relatively dry so I won't have to worry about moulds and what not.

Yes, it's raining here in Burnaby. Gloomy as anything and frightfully bone cold. I heard from my hubby's cousin that it's actually snowing in Calgary so we have it relatively good compare to them.  
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Bummer on the shed Lise.  Maybe you could get a can of that expanding foam, and run a bead around the bottom ?  Might work....that stuff's amazing.

Snowing in Calgary ???? Oh lawd !

|