So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

Happy Birthday to Lise Jr.  Awww....such a sweet age.

SD wrote:  f1 sent the flowers unless f1 is purelife and purelife is forumla1.  

Sorry formula1....I remember when I posted that, I couldn't remember who it was.....and was too lazy to go back and check.  So thank YOU formula1. My mistake. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/g038.gif[/img]

Insanity on the BC ferries this weekend.  From the bomb threat that shut everything down on Saturday night to the lunatic that flushed his clothes down the toilet today and ran around the boat nekked, flooding the blasted ship causing a 2 hour delay......yipes.  I must buy a boat.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

bomb threat on the ferry? great just what my parents wanted to here.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

P.C. wrote:
 Insanity on the BC ferries this weekend.  From the bomb threat that shut everything down on Saturday night to the lunatic that flushed his clothes down the toilet today and ran around the boat nekked, flooding the blasted ship causing a 2 hour delay......yipes.  I must buy a boat.[/DIV]
 Yeah, bomb threat was hokey.. But the guy running around the ship naked cause he tried to sink the ship from above the waterline in the can is awesome. Im jealous I missed that. LOL.

HAve a good trip otherwise miss PC?

We were out in the boat tonight.. launched at Vanier park with a few of us and went wakeboarding and waterskiing again. A few boats slowed and people from shore were watching us.. no one else was out so the people watching probably though 'who are those idiots?'    
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

Well we missed it too Russ.  This occurred on the boat that we were supposed to catch at 5:10....but it was delayed until 6:50.....but we still needed to be in the reservations lineup at 4:30.  So the total trip from Langley to home was 6 and a half hours instead of 3.  It took us the same length of time to get from where we were visiting just to get to the Port Mann, as it usually takes to get all the way to the terminal.  $167 round trip and the service is getting worse and worse......lol

There was an incredible accident just up the hill from where you get off the ferry in Horseshoe Bay.  It was one of those ones where you scratch your head and say..."what the....?"  How he could have become airborn going UP that hill is beyond my imagination.  Traffic was in a major jam and they almost couldn't unload the ferry for there was no place to go.....and that was at least 3 1/2 hours after the accident.

All in all, it was a great visit.....too short and too rushed, but good none the less.

P.C.

We were out in the boat tonight.. launched at Vanier park with a few of us and went wakeboarding and waterskiing again. A few boats slowed and people from shore were watching us.. no one else was out so the people watching probably though 'who are those idiots?'

LOL....yes, I can see that reaction from people.  All I can say is BRRRRRRRR!!!....and you're either very brave or insane.  You adventurous souls.

Russ

P.C. wrote:
 Well we missed it too Russ.  This occurred on the boat that we were supposed to catch at 5:10....but it was delayed until 6:50.....but we still needed to be in the reservations lineup at 4:30.  So the total trip from Langley to home was 6 and a half hours instead of 3.  It took us the same length of time to get from where we were visiting just to get to the Port Mann, as it usually takes to get all the way to the terminal.  $167 round trip and the service is getting worse and worse......lol

There was an incredible accident just up the hill from where you get off the ferry in Horseshoe Bay.  It was one of those ones where you scratch your head and say..."what the....?"  How he could have become airborn going UP that hill is beyond my imagination.  Traffic was in a major jam and they almost couldn't unload the ferry for there was no place to go.....and that was at least 3 1/2 hours after the accident.

All in all, it was a great visit.....too short and too rushed, but good none the less.[/DIV]
 Good to hear it was a good visit! Thats the most important part.. we had a good time on the Isl as well.. but as you say, far far too short.

Awe, you missed the flooding of the pride of BC Ferries fleet eh? I would have wanted to have been on there! Or at least heard first hand info. lol.

On the way back to Van, we did the run down to Victoria.. not for the View, or drive.. but to get a crack at the pacific buffet! it was 20 bucks each cause we caught the 7pm and it was dinner.. but they had salmon, coconut milk prawns, turkey they slice in front of you, clam infested rigatoni noodle sauce.. mmm. All you can eat.. So, the extra hour was worth it!

Im amazed at that accident.. it was all over the news this weekend.

P.C.

Well all that stuff took place on The Queen of Much Needed Repair.....and frankly seeing some lunatic running around naked would have put me off my sunshine breakfast. *burp*

Where is this buffet you're talking about Russ?  On the ferry???

Missed anything on the news (except the traffic station on the radio), about that accident.  This guy was up on the cement barrier and face first into the overpass support.  It's UP hill and a left curve....and yet he's over the barrier on the right ? ? ? ? ?

Russ

Yes.. the Pacific Buffet is on the Vic to Tsawassen run only.. on the spirit class.

[A href="http://www.bcferries.com/travel_planning/amenities/ship/pacificbuffet.html"]http://www.bcferries.com/travel_planning/amenities/ship/pacificbuffet.html[/A]

I HIGHLY recommend it. You pay a bit more for it.. but you get a good seat with somewhat of a view, newspaper, food and coffee the whole way. And alot less sheeple running everywhere bumping into you constantly or yelling at the person across the room the whole trip.

P.C.

Sounds like something worth checking out.  I remember the days when they used to have a dining room on the ferrys.  REAL dining....with linen tableclothes and napkins and a fabulous menu.  It was lovely.  Now they're more like cattle boats with hospital food.

Will definitely give that one a try.....sounds good.

*I'm looking for a pic (and the story) of that airborn pick up....no luck yet.  After seeing it, I've GOT to hear the story on this one.

purelife

Good morning everyone.  

We went to the Zoo last night.  It was ok.  

Did you get that hotpot unit from Crystal?  That's a bummer to have that ferry delay.  At least you had fun in Vancouver during your stay. :)))      

P.C.

Yes purelife.....we got a couple of them.  I really liked that Crystal Mall, and want to check it out a little more next time we're over.  Three quarters of the stores weren't open yet and we were on a tight schedule, and couldn't wait.  It is incredible.  I've never seen such a variety of interesting foods.....so many I have no idea what they were.  I'd like a guided tour......lol....someone to tell me what some of the stuff was.

purelife

LOL... Lise would make an excellent guided tour.  She's an expert on all the types of food from Crystal.  

Morning PC.  

Lil Me

purelife wrote:
Do you drink green tea leaves or the tea bag, Lil Me?  
 --
 Tea bags, usually.  The big box from Costco.

Sorry to hear about P.C.'s traffic and line-up woes.  Glad you got your hot pot.

I too would like the guided tour of the Crystal Mall.  I don't actually speak the language, and all the merchants assume I do.  Lise- tour please?!

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Hey Lil Me. I drink that green tea (from Costco) as well.  The organic ones, right?  They're delicious.  :)))    

Lil Me

I think Ijust have the regular stuff.  The big box of Twinings green tea.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

|