So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise

Morning all!

Hey Russ, I also have a question about cars. Our car has been doing something funny just last week. When we come to a stop, the engine shuts off completely and we have to restart. It's weird because the car is brand new. It doesn't make any noise just before it dies, it just dies all of a sudden. Can it be that we have water in the oil? The car's brand new so it doesn't make any sense.

Hi Devil. One more week till you're off somewhere nice, sunny and warm! OMG. So jealous. Can you possibly bring back more sunshine while you're there? Darn it but we need more sun here in Vancouver. Been raining miserable days lately.  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Schadenfreude

Lise;

It sounds like your car is a hybrid wannabe. It saves fuel by turning off the engine when idling.

Seriously, it would not be water in the oil or even the fuel tank, you would notice it at all times not just when coming to a stop. If it's new, take it to the dealer. If it is not new, take it to the dealer anyway.  
"I used to rock and roll all night and party every day, then it was every other day.  Now I'm lucky if I can find half an hour a week in which to get funky."

purelife

Morning Lise and Lil Me.

That's interesting Lise.  I've never heard of a new car just shutting down the engine.

Russ, yes, I do have your number.  I've sent you a PM.  I just didn't want to bother you initially....  

purelife

Morning Schadey.  So, how come you were MIA for a coupla of weeks?  Everything ok?

Lil Me

No rain so far....  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Schadenfreude

Hey, been on a holiday. Went east to Toronto/Burlington/Oakville area. Never been, was very taken with the beautiful geography of the escarpment and Lake Ontario.  
"I used to rock and roll all night and party every day, then it was every other day.  Now I'm lucky if I can find half an hour a week in which to get funky."

Schadenfreude

Amused at all my smites from stretchmarks.  

purelife

Sounds like you had a splendid time.  Any pics of the scenery that you could show us?  

You must be all relaxed from your vacation. Hopefully, you didn't come back to work with too much to do.

Yeah, Gordy Gambino has been going around smiting everyone here.  

Lil Me

Can anyone recommend a good supermarket pizza crust?  I haven't bought one for a couple of years now.  

Schadenfreude

purelife wrote:
Sounds like you had a splendid time.[FONT color=#ff0000]  Any pics of the scenery that you could show us?  [/FONT]

You must be all relaxed from your vacation. Hopefully, you didn't come back to work with too much to do.

Yeah, Gordy Gambino has been going around smiting everyone here.    

Ha! I left the camera at home.

purelife

Ok Schadey.  Remember to post some over the weekend or something. :)))  

I think Devil might know because he said that he makes his own pizza, Lil Me.  I've never made pizza from scratch before.

P.C.

Hi everyone.

Lil Me...do you have a bread machine?  Because the recipe for pizza dough is SOOOO simple.  (It's easy without the machine too...but too slick with the B machine.)  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

I don't have a bread machine.  I guess I could try making pizza dough from scratch, if P.C. can tell me how to do it.

I was orginally looking for a recommendation on a Boboli crust or somesuch!

Russ

Good morning Lil ME, PC, Purelife, kitten, and Lise.

I second PC's pizza dough idea, and using a bread maker. I cant help you with what pizza crust to buy lil me, I can tell you we buy the big frozen pizzas from stupidstore though and then add more of our own meat and cheese on top of it.

Miss Lise, as Schade said, for what it sounds like take it to the dealer. There should be NO water in the oil whatsoever, never ever.. if theres water or dirt in the gastank (another thing I doubt) it has different symptoms from what you described.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

|