So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Gopher

I DO like Chicken soup, Purelife - if it's got leek in it ,I like it even better. Slide it to me through cyberspace and I'll send you a blessing.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

purelife

Definitely!  I love LEEKS too in chicken soup...ok, I'll add noodles, lentils, leeks, carrots, celery....JUST for you Gophie.  And of course a HUG!  

P.C.

If you have a leek in your chicken soup, I'm not sure you can fix it.

Good afternoon lunch people.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

P.C. wrote:
 If you have a leek in your chicken soup, I'm not sure you can fix it.

Good afternoon lunch people.[/DIV]

Good afternoon, PC. Is there a leak in your reservoir of vocabulary?
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

Know.  My vocabulary is fine.  Now I just have to work on punctuation.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

Any pics of nature that you could post here, Michel?

Here Purelife, here's one representative from yesterday.

Will go read in the park after a few check on line, will be less frustrating, it's sunny !

tenkani

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Sportsdude

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

Good morning everyone!

Thank you miss Kitten and PC for the Welcomes back.. good to be home! My bbq is getting a workout.. and I put a friends new webber to the test on Canuck Day when we went downtown to a friends flat. BEAUTIFUL view! But, egads, they PAY for the view.. out the nose in my opinion.

So Im debating whether or not to help my dad who has decided to 'fix' the garbage disposal, which Im convinced was working fine to begin with. The story begins last night, when in normal fashion I dump some stuff down the sink. It takes a while cause everything goes down.. cause I put a wee bit too much in it at once. my dad who's invaded my kitchen takes a look and says theres something wrong.. and amidst my polite pleadings 'dont F&*king touch it, its working' proceeds to start poking and prodding it.. with a spoon. Needless to say now, theres a spoon wrapped in the blades on it, and the motor is burnt out with a good electrical burnt smell. I need a new one, and he has now invaded the kitchen again, to again 'fix' the one that is now ready for being recycled into a new toyota. I think its safe with parents to let them tinker with stuff, even when you dont want them to, then to fix their fixings later.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lise

LOL. Too funny, Russ. I can't believe he would stick a spoon into a motor. Yikes! And I thought my dad was bad.......

Welcome home, Russty ole boy. Good to have you.

We went to a friend's place yesterday out in Langley. Beautiful. So jealous that they have a huge home and a barn. I guess it's cheaper to buy properties way out there in Langley though I must say it's getting pretty darn crazy there with tons of town houses popping up left and right.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Good morning Lise and Russ.

It's so nice to see you two around this morning and a SPECIAL welcome back to Russ.  

Your story is funny!  I think that Dads like to feel important and like to be involved and/or included.  Thank goodness my Dad doesn't come and visit me because I know that he'll be suggesting this and that to get fixed....  Y'know, when we move to a larger place, I'll have him suggest and he can do all the fixin' he wants.   :)))

We watched Transformers last night in Richmond.  It was an AWESOME movie.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Lise

Morning, Missy purelife.

I can't wait to watch the movie too. Trailer looks fantastic. Now that I know you've seen it and said it was good, I'm more psyched to go watch it now. Woot!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Be there 2 hours before the show time.  It's better to buy your tickets online.  We lucked out at the 8pm showing at Richmond Centre.  The other theatre on Steveston were all sold out and we were there at around 5.  

It was a funny movie with awesome Transformers.  It was great to watch them transform.  I liked how the movie had some comedy in it.   I totally recommend this movie and to buy the DVD!

Lise

Good to know. I'm not sure if I'm going to go soon (as in this week) because I hate crowds. I will go when the hype dies down a bit.

Any hot cuties (aside from Optimus Prime) in the movie?
Bill Cosby.

|

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

If your father was named "Bob" and you're named "Jim", what's your dad's name?:
Does the aircraft carrier USS Saratoga fly or float?:
Are peaches and avocados the same thing?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview