So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

Yeah if I had to live in California it would be Northern California. But then again everything Northern California has BC has too.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

I've come to that conclusion as well.  

kitten

You have already adopted this country in your heart.  I hope it lives up to your expectations.  It isn't always sweetness and light, and you may run into things that make you wonder if this is the place you imagined.  I still think it is the best country to live in, but I may be biased.  

Sportsdude

Yup that is true. And I know nothing is perfect so I don't have this fairy tale idealic view of Canada but I do have a good feeling about the place. My counselor I've had for 10 years now is a Scottish immigrant and when he landed in the US in '85 he knew this was the place he wanted to be the instant he landed in the airport. I have the same feeling about BC and Canada. Its something that's hard to explain but you just get this overall feeling that you're in the right place.  

kitten

It is hard to evaluate a country without experiencing it for a period of time.  Live here for a couple of years and see if it still measures up to your expectations.  You might be surprised at how your opinions can change with a few attacks of homesickness.  You will start remembering all the things you took for granted at home, and comparisons are inevitable.

Sportsdude

I don't think I'll have home sickness. I'm too much like my grandparents in that case. They left europe and never went back. Plus my family has always been a 'telephone family'.  So when people are telling me I'm doing something stupid in moving so far away they don't really know how my family works. I didn't grow up with relatives down the street like many of my friends did. The only real 'home' is the farm but there's nothing there for me I've out grown it.
Basically it is expected in my family that you grow up and move far away, not across town and come to visit twice a year.

kitten

That's odd.  I was expected to stay at home, but I moved across country.  So did my brother and sister, except for my youngest sister who only moved to Fredericton, N.B.  They all moved back to Saint John, except for me.  I'm never going to move back because it's just too cold and the winters are too long.  I've lived here permanently since 1960, and for me this IS home.

Sportsdude

yeah we are wonderers. Grandpa left hungary, grandma said good riddance to Europe after the war. Then my mom on a whim left the farm when women were suppose to stay home and raise babies (great grandpa was completely against her going to college) and she boarded a train for Chicago. There's 15 people in my family (my dad's side my last name side). One uncle stayed in Akron, grandma lives in Sarasota, Florida and my other uncle and cousins with the kids live in Kansas City. Then a cousin from the akron clan moved to Texas. We are good for about one visit a year in person and that's enough before we get on each others nerves too much and that's it. Happy family. lol

meanwhile the family on the farm (the one my mom left) all live within a mile of each other and my two uncles don't even talk to each other.

P.C.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

tenkani

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

kitten

Me too!  You treating today, tenkani?

Sportsdude

well I'm hungry I'm going to make lunch.  

tenkani

Yes, Kitten!!!

Lunch is on me!!

Do you know what is in terriyaki sauce?    
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

|

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Is the equator round or square?:
Are peaches and avocados the same thing?:
Was Secret Agent 007's last name "Bronco"?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview