So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic

kitten

Beautiful!  It's warm in summer, sometimes too warm, and in late September and October you will see how colourful the leaves are as the weather gets colder at night.  For me, it's the perfect time of year.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

Sweet! So fall is the time to get out and walk around nature? excellent.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

In B.C., any time is a good time to walk around and admire nature, but fall is probably the prettiest time.  Personally I prefer spring with the new leaves coming out and cherry and plum blossoms everywhere.  Where I work is a street lined with flowering cherry trees, and you would think it was snowing pink when the blossoms start to fall.

Sportsdude

kitten

Wait until you see it.  Words can't adequately describe how lovely it really is.

Sportsdude

I'm bringing my camera on the move. So on weekends I'll be walking around looking at nature most likely.  

kitten

It will be a lot different from what you are used to, SD.  I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Sportsdude

hopefully no crazy winter changes from it being warm one day and cold the next! ugh soo frustrating about living here is that.  

kitten

Well.........I wouldn't want to bet on it.  But usually...no.  In the spring it is wise to dress or bring clothes for all occasions, and the same goes for later in the fall.

Sportsdude

well I think BC is too far north for the temperature changes I'm talking about. I'm talking about it going from 20 C to -5 then back to 20 C a few days later.  

kitten

No, actually the lower part of B.C. is too far south to have that sort of change.  We live in a temperate climate.

Sportsdude

temperate sounds awesome. Saint Louis is too far south to have a sustained winter (Chicago) and too far north to have a mild winter (Memphis) and too far from the mountains so it doesn't get the snow that Kansas City gets being on the edge of prairies. Basically it means wacky weather.    

kitten

Our weather isn't anything to brag about.  Look at the really horrible storms in November and December of last year, as well as the flooding this spring.  Not exactly wonderful.

Sportsdude

I sort of like that. Everyone I know wants to move to southern california. But for some reason everyday of sun shine just doesn't excite me.  

kitten

I've been to California a few times, but Southern California was too brown and hot.  I missed the greenery that you see here.  San Francisco was a fascinating place to visit, but there was a lot of fog when I went there, so I didn't see a lot of the scenery.  I was also disappointed in the Chinese restaurants I visited.  I think that Vancouver has much nicer restaurants.  I still think that of all places I've been, this is still the nicest.  The one sunny day I did see in San Francisco, the view was fantastic, and I wished I could stay longer.  The prices were sky-high, though.  

|

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

What's the opposite of "left"?:
Was Secret Agent 007's last name "Bronco"?:
Spammers like to suck monkey dicks, true or false?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview