So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Devil

That sounds so cool! I heard this, not sure if it is true but, I heard there is more eagles on Vancouver Island, than all of the USA?

sunny here this morning. That storm last night was crazy! It rained so hard at bedtime, and I got up and watched the lightning for awhile. It was one after the other for about an hour. crazy loud, felt like it was going to hit my house. Awesome! Supposed to be sunny now for a few days.

P.C.

Yea.....a storm like that is exhilerating.  A blend of amazement, awe at Mother Natures power and fear all in one.

I heard that too, about the eagles Devil.  It wouldn't surprise me.  I don't think there's been a day since I've been on the island that I haven't seen at least one.

A couple years back, when a mama was teaching her young one to fly, the little guy was doing alright, except that he upside down.  She kept swooping underneath him trying to create a little updraft to flip him over.....it worked.  It was awesome and amusing to watch.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Devil

That is amazing! That kind of thing to see only comes a couple times in a lifetime. The instincts in animals are beyond the known.

ok, I am off to put on my yard grubbies. stop by later for a coffee break.  

Michel

[p style="font-style: italic;" class="MsoNormal"][span lang="FR-CA"][/span][/p]  [p style="font-style: italic;" class="MsoNormal"][span lang="FR-CA"][!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--] [o:p][/o:p][/span][/p]  [p style="font-style: italic;" class="MsoNormal"][span lang="FR-CA"]DEVIL I heard this, not sure if it is true but, I heard there is more eagles on Vancouver Island, than all of the USA?[/span][/p]    [p class="MsoNormal"][span style="font-style: italic;" lang="FR-CA"]PC I heard that too, about the eagles Devil.  It wouldn't surprise me.  I don't think there's been a day since I've been on the island that I haven't seen at least one.[/span][span style=""][o:p][/o:p][/span][/p]  [p class="MsoNormal"][span lang="FR-CA"] Hard to believe, but probably definitly true if we talk only about the mainland 48 States? For example, in Alaska, there are about 3500 to 4000 bald eagles congregating in fall and winter in Chilkat only.[o:p][/o:p][/span][/p]  [span lang="FR-CA"]PC There is a mama eagle teaching it's baby to fly, right above the house.  Baby still hasn't got his voice figured out yet either.....lol.....what a racket.

[/span][span style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; font-style: italic;" lang="FR-CA"]PC A couple years back, when a mama was teaching her young one to fly, the little guy was doing alright, except that he upside down.  She kept swooping underneath him trying to create a little updraft to flip him over.....it worked.  It was awesome and amusing to watch.

[/span][span style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman";" lang="FR-CA"]Well PC you're lucky to live in such a beautiful place and see all those marvels. I would have love to see the little one upside down. LOL.[/span][span style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; font-style: italic;" lang="FR-CA"]
[/span]  

Sportsdude

good morning.  
never seen a wild bald eagle.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

Then prepare yourself to be lucky  

Sportsdude

really? I'll try to get close now and take a picture with my camera.  

Devil

Ahhh! coffee!

sunny and 21 today, perfect for yard work. Did a lot today. Now I am going to take on my basement. I think I have about 2 years worth of recycling to catch up on.

Then I am going to get things prepped for my BBQ tomorrow. This is my first BBQ turkey. Wish me luck!

Actually, a friend that is coming over is going to help me. She says its so easy, the hardest job is keeping the drinks poured for the guests!!

Sportsdude

BBQ turkey sound excellent!  

Devil

You betcha! BBQ turkey is good. I guess hickory is the key?!!

A friend just called and said they are doing Canada themed fireworks at McMahon aftert the Stamps game. The game is over at 11, so maybe we will go check that out. I doubt I will make it to the actual game though, too much to do at home. But a beautiful evening for a walk and fireworks...maybe a evening coffee after my chores!!

kitten

This kind of coffee, Devil?  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/nahrung/d025.gif" border=0].
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Devil

LOL! Nope, not today kitten. I am saving myself for tomorrow. Today will be just water and coffee.

Tomorrow on the other hand!!!

P.C.

It feels good to get all that stuff done, Devil.

I've been up cleaning the hot tub roof again.  Jeebus.....I've got to come up with a better design.  It is so hard on the knees. *cry
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

[A href="http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk788YYCA" target=_blank][img height=45 alt="Laughing 2" src="http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_20.gif" width=50 border=0][/A] Maybe Devil could come and rub your sore knees for you, P.C.  But seriously, I'm sorry your knees are so sore.  Maybe ice packs would help.

[A href="http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb095_ZNxmk788YYCA&utm_id=7923" target=_blank][img]http://discoverseattle.net/source/spacer.gif?pc=ZSzeb095&pp=ZNxmk788YYCA" border=0][/A]
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

well I guess the upside to cleaning out the hot tub is that you can use it to sooth any injuries acquired from cleaning it. ;)  

|