So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

No no no.....not the hot tub.....the hot tub roof.  It is clear plexiglass panels 4 1/2 by 12 feet....and there are 2 X 4's every 4 and a half feet. So you have to 'tightrope walk' along the 2 inche edge of the 2X and it's downright scary. The pollen and algae mixed with rain and then sun baking it on there, bonds to this stuff like tar.  It's very hard to scrub off.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

oh darn. that sucks. Where's that oxy clean when you need it like they show on commercials.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

I don't know that I could bring myself to buy that product ....if for no other reason than the dufus that does their commercials.  Also, the last time I used any kind of 'product', it mangled the heck out of my hostas from rinsing it over the edge.  A few drops of dish liquid is all I'm using.

Sportsdude

that guy is annoying. I agree. He's got two volume controls louder and screaming.  

P.C.

rofl.....that's what I always say.  Do these people not grasp the concept of a microphone?

kitten

I've always wondered why advertisers think that screaming at people is the best way to sell products.  It doesn't do a thing for me, and I won't buy their products if they are too offensive in promoting their wares.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

P.C.

I have to say, that I actually stopped using Herbal Essence for no other reason than their really bad commercials.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif" border=0]

kitten

I tried it, but liked L'Oreal better.  I don't recall Herbal Essence commercials.

Sportsdude

Me too about commercials deciding what products to buy. I tend to go for the flashy commercials.  

P.C.

I tend to be a sucker for beautiful packaging.  Commercials alone don't seem to sway me in favour of something.

kitten

I try to find items that are marked down for quick sale.  I'm very conservative out of necessity.

Sportsdude

I also like flashly looking products.  

P.C.

I am frugal....and thrifty.....but on the other hand, I'm ok with splurging on quality things.

I don't know that my admiration for beautiful packaging has anything to with 'flashy'....I'm more likely to be drawn to something done in the 'Olde' style....or anything that looks 'apothecary'.  Can't find anything to describe what I mean....this 'look' is close.

[img alt=0106_msl_organizer05.jpg src="http://images.marthastewart.com/images/content/pub/ms_living/2006Q1/0106_msl_organizer05_l.jpg"]

kitten

That's very nice, P.C.  Where do you find packaging like that?

Sportsdude

ah you like classical look. I go for flashy modern/futuristic look.    

|