So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

I worked overtime this morning. ugh. Then slept the most of the day. lol but hey my passport came in the mail today!!!!  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

Sorry to hear that SD.

So hows everyone so far? Im full from mushroom and pepper seasoned steak (kinda I think thats what it was), salad stuff and coleslaw, lamb, and potato green peppers bacon and onions mix.

Its now officially the rainy season here.. rains most of the time. Still hot though, lol.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

kitten

Rains most of the time, Russ?  Amazing how much it sounds like Vancouver!  Your meal sounds like something I wouldn't mind having in a restaurant.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Lise

Morning everyone. Looks like another week of rain. AGAIN. So what else is new?

Pepper steak sounds divine. I give up on those steaks. The last time I took them out, they were so hard I could literally bounce them off the walls and back again.

Sounds wet where you are, Russ. I thought it doesn't rain often there. Anyways, when are you coming back? Can you PM me? Would love to get together soon but everyone's busy lately so you coming to Vancouver would be an awesome excuse to meet.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lise

[img style="WIDTH: 501px; HEIGHT: 336px" height=518 src="http://i17.tinypic.com/522q1s7.gif" width=490]

Here yer go, SD. Your passport woes are over. For now.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Schadenfreude

[A onclick="jvascript:fullSize('4orb3mc', '582', '367'); return false;" href="jvascript:void(0);"][img class=imgsize id=img style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: black 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: black 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1px solid" alt="TinyPic image" src="http://i15.tinypic.com/4orb3mc.jpg" border=0][/A].
"I used to rock and roll all night and party every day, then it was every other day.  Now I'm lucky if I can find half an hour a week in which to get funky."

Russ

kitten wrote:
 Rains most of the time, Russ?  Amazing how much it sounds like Vancouver!  Your meal sounds like something I wouldn't mind having in a restaurant.[/DIV]
 Hey kitten! Um, theres basically two seasons where I am in Africa. The hot sunny scorching season, and the torrential rainfall but still hot and sticky humid. It will get a bit cooler at nights, but still hot.

Its like a monsoon season I suppose.

The food on here is actually pretty decent this trip.. its not gourmet with the cooks cooking for 27 people, but its still good. Some of it is real weird tasting to what Im used to in Vancouver, but its because of the local ingrediants and where the meats come from. The vegetables are grown locally and they are REALLY small compared to the ones we get, think an average tomato from the grocery store, then think of it half that size and smaller. For example even the coca cola here is different, its made in south africa and its because of the water they use for the base.

Im actually looking forward to some of the fast foods! lol, miss stupid little things like that after awhile. I find when I first get home after eating healthy for a few months, that when I eat something say like McDonalds, that I get stomach cramps and feel like crap for a while. LOL!      

Russ

Lise wrote:
 Morning everyone. Looks like another week of rain. AGAIN. So what else is new?

Pepper steak sounds divine. I give up on those steaks. The last time I took them out, they were so hard I could literally bounce them off the walls and back again.

Sounds wet where you are, Russ. I thought it doesn't rain often there. Anyways, when are you coming back? Can you PM me? Would love to get together soon but everyone's busy lately so you coming to Vancouver would be an awesome excuse to meet. [/DIV]
 Hope its not raining for long in Van!

Gave up on what steaks? I think I will have to show you how I make em and let you have a taste. Theres a few ways to do em.. well how I do em anyhow.    

P.C.

HI RUSS !!!!!

I find when I first get home after eating healthy for a few months, that when I eat something say like McDonalds, that I get stomach cramps and feel like crap for a while. LOL!

But if you persevere, you can get passed that.....LOL
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Russ

Hello miss PC!!.. this is true. I will persevere and stuff myself full of unhealthy transfats. Someones got to do it.

P.C.

HAAahhahaa....this is true.

So any word on your return home?

kitten

Good morning, nice people!  I'm back, however briefly.  Russ, I could do without the hot and humid, so I don't really envy you.  One little question, though.  If I bring you a nice steak, will you show me how to cook it properly?  I'm on my knees pleading.  Here I have this nice little BBQ, and I don't want to ruin expensive meat on it just because I don't know how to cook it properly.

P.C., I'm so happy you got a new keyboard!  The other one must have driven you up the wall.

P.C.

Glad you're back Miss Kitten.

Yes....having a keyboard that isn't functioning properly was like being gagged.  You can still talk, but it doesn't sound the same.

kitten

Is the posting going any faster for you?  Has THAT particular problem been solved yet?

Oh, and I'm very glad to be back, minus headache.

P.C.

Thank goodness that's over Kitten.

Yes....much faster.  Hubby tinkered with something, that makes it much quicker.  Bless his lil buttons.

|