So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

Woah they've got an Austin Mini for sale!

Anybody got 20k?
[h2]1991 Rover Mini Convertible Monte Carlo[/h2]Don't think I could fit in it though, that would be a problem.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Schadenfreude

[img id=image alt="The Nissan Figaro" src="http://www.japanoid.com/img/japanoid_figaro_lrear_keicar.jpg"]

Looks like a Japanese Columbo car. (If anyone remembers Columbo and the car he drove)  
"I used to rock and roll all night and party every day, then it was every other day.  Now I'm lucky if I can find half an hour a week in which to get funky."

Sportsdude

are there any other dealers like this in Vancouver Shadey? Love japanese cars even if it is right hand drive.  

P.C.

I do I do....loved Columbo.....and his car.  sort of.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

great thing about kei cars from japan they all get above 50mpg.

Schadenfreude

Sportsdude wrote:
are there any other dealers like this in Vancouver Shadey? Love japanese cars even if it is right hand drive.  

There must be other lots that sell the odd right-hand drive but I think this is the only exclusively RHD Japanese import lot. Apparently the prices are very reasonable.

"I used to rock and roll all night and party every day, then it was every other day.  Now I'm lucky if I can find half an hour a week in which to get funky."

Sportsdude

although if your getting a Veedub VW get a diesel if you can find one that's cheap. better fuel economy then most cars out there besides the hybrids. Don't know what it is in metric but in imperial its 40/52 mpg'ish  

Sportsdude

looks like it. that one little hatchback that gets 54mpg has my name on it. lol  

Schadenfreude

[img alt="1990 Nissan S-Cargo" src="http://www.japanoid.com/forsale/thankyou1009japan-img600x450-1175228908p3300933.jpg"]

Everyone here still uses MPG because it seems to make more sense and easier to understand than

8 litres per 100 km.

Sportsdude

thanks for the info. Yeah the 8 to 100 thing is a bit confusing to me. I like the metric system overall though. Much easier to figure out everything in 10's not 12's and goofy ass numbers.

Another one that's going to be hard for me to drop is the word acre to hectre. I grew up on a farm so acre is burned into my brain.

Schadenfreude

Only people who want to appear like they know something more than others use hectare.

I have never heard anyone use it except for news reporters.

Average people use acres.

Sportsdude

but they're talking about the acre in hectres but not using hectres, right? Or are they really talking in acres to acres and not saying acres when really meaning hectres?

kitten

It's hectare, not hectre.  When we say acre, we mean acre, not hectare.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

P.C.

We use acres for acres and hectare for hectares.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

|