So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

and now P.C's home looks like those homes in the magazines. ;)

Speaking of houses my cousin got this 3 bedroom house he was bidding on down on the farm.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

pitbullca.bc

oh PC...you don't understand...really...
it had natural gas..hot water..furnace...where it uses hot water...that runs through the whole house...into what looks like base heaters.  The wood "stove" was an elderly wood furnace...the size of a 25" tv.  horrible concrete stairs...a 70's bar at the front door...electic blue...truly shag carpet...burnt orange shag carpet...and burnt orange with green countertops and back splashes in the kitchen
omg...I can't even begin...woulda taken alot of money to change...trust me
the downstairs bathroom...was a concrete...latrine...one bathroom upstairs...was done ALL in pink..pink tile..pink toilet..pink tub.  The other bathroom...same idea...with lilac purple...everything...I shit you not!  The place was a disaster.

Sportsdude

P.C.

oh PC...you don't understand...really...

Oh trust me.....I get it.  The upstairs bathroom in this house made a pumpkin look like pale orange.  Downstairs bath.....lime green.  Kitchen....mustard yellow with yellow arborite counters.  And the whole bottom floor was cheap lino tile.  The upstairs was patterned brown, rust and gold indoor/outdoor carpet.  BARFFFFFF.  I was sold on the property, and the general design of the house was workable.

Wish I had before pics.....it was totally laughable.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

pitbullca.bc

no SD...it was at the lake...not on the lake...and the highways get really dicey here in the winter...so...the travel to town..would have been long and dangerous...not ready to gamble my life..or my kids lives...for pleasure...trust me...the house wasn't a pleasure  

P.C.

.....oh yea....I forgot about the lovely wood panelling in the dining room and the master bedroom.  Kakkk

Sportsdude

lol P.C. how long have you been working on changing the house? Or what stayed. lol  

pitbullca.bc

I had thought of taking a camera...wish that I did..you woulda seen it..blech...told the bf that I couldn't stop talking about how horrible it was cause I was genuinely traumatized.  Here...we don't have a home depot or anything like that...so home improvement can be quite pricey.  

P.C.

no SD...it was at the lake...not on the lake...and the highways get really dicey here in the winter...so...the travel to town..would have been long and dangerous...not ready to gamble my life..or my kids lives...for pleasure...trust me...the house wasn't a pleasure

Now THAT'S a major consideration.  I misinterpreted.  I thought the house was good except for the dreadful decor.  If everything else isn't what you're looking for, it would never be worth anything.

pitbullca.bc

thank you pc...have fought for what I have.   A little decor or should I say...ALOT...is not an issue for me.  The location just wasn't suitable.

P.C.

Just finished the kitchen....(pics to come).  The ONLY room that has 'original' decor is the laudry room.  (that's next)....other than that, there isn't anything left of it's original self.  Mind you, I've been here.....a.....a while.  

Sportsdude

cool!
what's a while?
lol
so what do you plan on doing to the laundry room?

Lil Me

btw, thanks for the protein drink warning, P.C.  I'll look into it.
 As you were.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

I hear ya Miss Pit.  The only thing that helped me turn a blind eye to the flaws in the house was it's perfection in everything else.  And that was more important to me.  I too have fought for what I have....again adding more value.  

Sportsdude

Its an A-frame right P.C.? Yeah I love those type of homes.

|

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

A 3-legged stool has how many legs?:
Seattle is in a state named what?:
What's the day before Tuesday?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview