So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

Going for a nice traditional roast chicken, whipped potatoes, some garlicy carrots and some corn.

(and gravy for Mr. P.C.)
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

Holy moly purelife....were you peeking at my menu tonight.  I actually posted garlic mashed potatoes, but changed it at the last minute thinking I don't really have a fresh enough head of garlic to roast.

What a coincient !

Lil Me

oh oh oh
 that sounds like restaurant food, purelife!  Bistro Chez Purelife

The turkey spag sauce was an experiment, but it turned out well.  We've been eating it for a few days.  The ground turkey was 4 pkg/$20 at Costco and there is no fat to drain off.  I drained some liquid into an old soup can, but it was mushroom and onion sweat.  Nothing in it congealed.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

hee hee.. PC.  I didn't even have the chance to read any of the above posts.  I just skimmed.  Your dinner sounds divine though (as always) :))  

Lil Me

P.C.- your dinner does sound good.

I guess it's poultry for everyone tonight.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Where's your funky chicken Lil Me ?????   LOL

What a mish mash of weather today.  Sunny and beautiful at our place until we went to town....a little sleet, a little hail and it even looked like it was trying to snow.

Lil Me

okaaaay.  since you requested the dance...
 *dances the funky chicken*

oh, and is "went to town" an actual shopping trip to town, or is it a euphemism for someting else?

P.C.

lol, Lil Me.  No it more often than not means I went to Home Depot, but it's starting to sound like I live there.....so I was camuflaging it.

Lil Me

well, "went to Home Depot..." could also mean something else! :)

EDIT:  Did Mr P.C. get his gravy at Home Depot?  

kitten

I think Home Depot is your second home, P.C.!  And those dinners all sound wonderful, folks.  I'm just having some veggie soup and a cheese sandwich.  I'm not too hungry tonight.  One good thing though, I'm free at last for a couple of days of doing as little as possible.  Pure bliss!
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Lil Me

nice!  going to do some reading?  

kitten

I don't think so.  I'm too tired to concentrate on a book right now.  I think I'll just hang around here for a while and go have a leisurely soak in the tub.  You know, candles, glass of wine, bubble bath.  

P.C.

That sounds like the ticket kitten.  If ya don't treat yourself well....nobody else will.  I love a bubbly bath with candles and wine so much, when I remodeled the upstairs bathroom that was the inspiration.   It feels so pampered.  

kitten

OOOHH!!  I bet it's absolutely gorgeous, P.C.  There's a job you could do...interior decorating.  I'm sure you would be fabulous at it.  

P.C.

Did that for about 5 years.....which was about 4 years longer than I wanted to.  Now there's a scary job.  The most fun is, you are actually spending someone elses money.  The scary part is, you are spending someone elses money.  I've done homes that spent as much money on their sheers, than I did remodelling a whole room at my house.....LOL

|