So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Russ

Good idea lise! unfortunately I didnt think of it earlier... hmm, time to do some internet surfing for what to cook tongiht.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lise

It's really easy, Russ. Got the idea from Ms. PC. I just browned the meat, then dumped into the crockpot. Then I toss in some ketchup, BBQ sauce and a bit of beef stock. I didn't think it would taste good but man, it turned out well.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

ugh I need some food!  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

We ordered in burgers from Venus Burgers that is from this neighborhood Pub in New West on 6th, I believe.  They have yummy Big Mouth burger.  Two patties..lotsa mushrooms...yum.  I can't finish one unless that was my meal for the entire day.  You'll like it, Russ. :)

My weekend was really nice.  Celebrated two birthdays at the same time.  Got together with family.  My g/f invited me to this b-day house party but I declined.  They went to Balbatzaar(sp?) afterwards and she got wasted!  Not my kind of party...

Lise, if you eat the burgers from known pubs/restaurants, those are better.  McPukes always suck in burgers.  I'd never touch anything from McPukes ever again.  

Sportsdude

McPukes love that nickname

I agree pub/restaurant burgers are the best.

purelife

BBQ ribs sounds divine!  I'm probably going to make myself some scrabbled eggs or something for dinner and maybe have a can of sardines. :)  Yup, it's time again. ;)

SD, you never eat when you're hungry.  You eat at scheduled times throughout the day.  It works the same as when you're thirsty.  You drink water throughout the day and if you're super thirsty, it means that you didn't have enough water before.  I heard that if you're dinking because you're thirsty, it means that it's too late.  Uhm, whatever that means.  So, this applies to being hungry.  Uhm, am I making sense?  I'm kinda not thinking straight and don't feel like editing. :P  

Lise

Yeah, I know..... but McPuke is my hubby's favorite and he nearly always suggest that we head there for a quick fix. There must be better fast food burgers out there.

Venus Burgers, eh? Hm. Never heard of that. What's the pricing like?  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

I wonder if I should make a treck to N west tongiht and hit burger heaven... this talk about burgers is tempting. Whereabouts is this mystical Venus burgers.. 6th ave or 6th str?  

Sportsdude

lol purelife I'm completely lost reminds me of ex PM Jean Chreiten talking about proofs: "No, a proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof, and when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven."

Yeah I should have had lunch today but I sorta over slept lunch (needed to take a nap).  Then dinner is in a few hours so I can't eat a meal so I just had a granola bar.

Russ

Sportsdude wrote:
lol purelife I'm completely lost reminds me of ex PM Jean Chreiten talking about proofs: "No, a proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof, and when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven."

Thats a good quote. I actually wrote that here a while ago in teh quotes thread. I still think he was a useless statue builder, he was planning his rise to teh history books even before he left office.

Sportsdude

Lise wrote:
Yeah, I know..... but McPuke is my hubby's favorite and he nearly always suggest that we head there for a quick fix. There must be better fast food burgers out there.

Venus Burgers, eh? Hm. Never heard of that. What's the pricing like?

I'm calling my sis now "Taco Bell" because I swear everytime I ran into her this weekend she holding a taco bell drink.  She got angry for teasing her so now I call her la belle taco or taco la belle.

Lise

I've lost my taste for Taco Bell after the rat incident.

Oooops. Gotta run. I've got a date with a cleaning mop. TTYL.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

Have a good night and Good luck miss lise.

Sportsdude

Have a blast and don't worry about cleaning up the mess so quickly.  

purelife

Russ wrote:
I wonder if I should make a treck to N west tongiht and hit burger heaven... this talk about burgers is tempting. Whereabouts is this mystical Venus burgers.. 6th ave or 6th str?

Here's their online menu Russ.  It's much cheaper than Burger Heaven.  Get the "Big Mouth Burger" for $9.95.  You'll love it there.  My favorite place.  It's also a pub.  The name "Venus Burgers" isn't there.  I can't remember that Pub's name.  It's on a corner street.  ADD:  River's Reach Pub, THAT'S THE NAME!  ;)
     [A href="http://www.riversreach.com/2003/takeout.pdf"]http://www.riversreach.com/2003/takeout.pdf[/A]    

|