tenkani

I...

I can't do Mariah Carey    

*climbing into garbage can*
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

purelife

*pulls tenkani back*

sorry, I should've kept it simple.  :(  Forgive me?  

What's planned for dinner?

Russ

Thanks everyone!

I just got back from costco with LOTS of goodies.. really had to struggle to keep it under 500. Lotsa good stuff for mondo burgers tongiht... Double thick pattys with cheese, mushrooms, onions, ham, lettuce, and tomato's.

I still cant believe I have it! Yaargh!          
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

tenkani

W00h00!!

How do you cook super-thick patties so they are cooked on the inside and not burnt on the outside??

49er

Russ,  the change in Costco's return policy.......electronics (TV, etc.) has to be return within 90 days, effective immediately in California.......other states to follow in the coming weeks.  Old policy which people were abusing and costing Costco millions allows returns at anytime and no questions asked.

Russ

Low heat. Take your time. the patties are only 3/4" thick (19mm)

I sometimes raise the grill.. oh and I also have those fire bricks on top of the burners so the heat is reflected back into the bottom and only comes up evenly.

If your bbq is too hot because of flame hotspots.. when they are grill marked on the outside, take them off and put them in the oven at 300 deg F for about 20 minutes to finish cooking in the middle. I always leave my patties a smidgen pink in the very middle.

Ill see if I remember to take a few pictures for you. I will be at a friends though.. and I will be putting two sheets to the wind tongiht.      

tenkani

Nice.

Post pics of your meat for the ladies.

Russ

LOL Tenk.

Dont encourage me. (please!) I have been known to do some funny things when I have been drinking.

Russ

Sorry 49er.. I missed you!

Thanks, thats interesting! I wonder if it will come into effect up here in the great white north.

Sportsdude

just put my baked talapia into the oven and I'm steaming my brocoli and soon I'm making my salad.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sportsdude

Never been so excited over making dinner.  

purelife

Dont encourage me. (please!) I have been known [FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff40"]to do some funny things [/FONT]when I have been drinking.

*hands Russ another glass of scotch*

*waiting patiently for Russ to strip* ;)

purelife

Mmmm....tilapia..haven't made that for a LONG time.  I'm going to have to buy it soon and that bamboo steamer I saw over at Superstore.  Ohhh...you guys are making me hungry.  

Lise

Greetings. Waaah.... so hard to stay on DS. When one kid's asleep, the other's awake and vice versa. I'm so tired by the end of the day.

Steamed tilapia sounds divine. I love rock cod..... but only if someone buy it for me. What an expensive fish.

Dunno what to do for dinner tonight. I'm so lazy I might just order pizza.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

mmm this is sooooooooooooooooooooo much better then the usual frozen pizza! First day of diet has been a sucess! yes!  

|