What was the nicest thing that a stranger has ever done for you?

Started by purelife, Jun 15 06 12:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Some Chick

My landlord's cousin, upon finding out I had been ripped off at work and had to take my employer to Labour Relations, a week before Christmas, caught me alone for a moment and insisted I accept $50.  He was living Australia, visiting for Christmas, and I had just met him.

I had thought I had money in the bank and then found out, 14 days after the fact, that my employer had put a stop payment on a cheque I had deposited two weeks earlier.  I had no idea until my bank card was declined.  I had been working up until the day I found out about the cheque, blissfully unaware that I had been correct about what a snake the little man that publishes Dream House was.

I won, by the way, so it's all public record and there is no slander here.  The employer had to pay me, plus interest, plus fines for the three labour laws he broke while screwing me over.

I sometimes make karma happen for others where needed.    

Adam_Fulford

There are many times that people have shown incredible kindness and generosity towards me.  There are good people in the world.

Gopher

Yes, there certainly are, and it's nice to at last have somewhere where we can read about them.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

purelife

I am so bored, so, I thought about revisiting this topic.  

Uhm, a nice man opened the doors for me at the store today.  :)

TehBorken

What was the nicest thing that a stranger has ever done for you?

Had sex with me. She was strange and it was nice.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gopher

Ah, rather than her being nice and it being strange.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Orik

not so much a stranger but they created a thread and talked me into getting a paypal account so they could donate some money to peppers vet bill.... eugenicist thing anyone's done for me lately...

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

purelife

awww...that is so sweet of that person to care and think about pepper.  Your pepper is an absolute sweetheart.  bless its cotton socks!

Our department in my company adopted a family for 'xmas.  We all pitched in with food, clothes and cash for groceries.  She was a single mom with a 6 year old son.  She was in tears to see our goodies delivered to her door last week.

Russ

Wow, thats pretty nice PL. 'bless'

I feel really sorry for single mothers. Id wander away mumbling if someone came up to me to thank me for something then burst into tears.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

I know what you mean Russ.  It gives me tears too.  

DELETED Paragraph.  LOL, I had a feeling that I had repeated this nice story on page 2.  hee hee...

purelife

Oh, and there was this one time, earlier this year, when I was at a Sample Sale on Main Street behind the Home Depot area that the lady who left offered me a ride to the skytrain.  It was pouring rain and I was in a hurry to get somewhere (don't remember where) and it was like, she had read my mind.  We were talking for a bit before she had asked and I was walking to the skytrain when she pulled down her windows and asked if I wanted the ride to the skytrain.  That was really nice of her.  

M50

Gotta be: crashed on their couch

we came, we palyed, we crashed on your couch.

P.C.

I remember many years ago, not too long after I had become single......I was on the mainland, to take care of my Dads house after he had passed away.  It wasn't a pleasant job, and it was smack in the middle of the end of my LONG marriage.  Things weren't going well.  I had lost my house, lost my car, and lost my Dad.  I was on the ferry coming home, and had struck up a conversation with a gal sitting next to me.  She was very pleasant, with wonderful stories, that made the trip so much less awful.

I excused myself, while she was telling another great story, to go and purchase a bus ticket when the announcement was made, and she said...."Oh Jeez....don't take the bus....I'll drive you home"  

She said this before she had any idea of where I lived....so of course I explained that I lived in an area that was probably a little out of the way for her.  No prob she said.  As it turned out, I was merely 5 minutes beyond where she lived.  It was still an imposition, in my mind, but she happily drove me to my door. (In the most miserable weather imaginable)

I always see her as my angel.

(I ran into her many years later at a lake party.....and when it occurred to me who she was, let her know what an angel she was to me during that time)  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

weird al

I was tree planting in Northern Sask., millennia ago, when our camp burned down one long weekend. We were not allowed to weekend in the camp for fear that we might get drunk and, I dunno, burn it down or something.

So there I was, on the Victoria Day Monday or whatever, with the heebie-jeebies from 3 days' heroic boozing, and no place to live. These guys that I knew directed me to a house nearby, saying that the lady there ran a sort of boarding house and would probably put me up until the insurance kicked in a day or two later.

So I knocked on her door, and she said, no, she didn't run a boarding house or anything of the sort. Must have been a quaint little joke on the part of my acquaintances. But she said she'd put me up anyway, for nothing, I could have her bed, and she would sleep with the kids in their bed.

So that's how it went. I didn't have to milk the cows in the morning or anything. She was just helping out a stranger in difficulty.

I mean, there I was, 3 days drunk, just a jean-jacketed long-haired laborer, and she helped me out. I'll never forget this. I know that she could read that I wasn't a threat, but I wonder, how can you read that? Some people are just totally beyond me.

|