What was the nicest thing that a stranger has ever done for you?

Started by purelife, Jun 15 06 12:10

Previous topic - Next topic

purelife

Sportsdude

I can't remember what a stranger has ever done for me at the moment but my sister once saved me from choking, I saved a girl once from drowning, broken up a bunch of fights and saved a house from burning down by pointing out to a girl at camp once that the micro wave was on fire.  Can't think of anything else at the moment.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

There was this one time when my ex and I were at Paris and we had a lot of luggage to carry.  We were walking to the Bus Depot to catch a ride to London.  Well, this nice lady helped us carry two of our luggages all the way to this depot for about 20 minutes.  That was 7 years ago and to this day, I've been sending her 'xmas cards telling her how much of an angel she was to me.  

purelife

Wow, someone just smited me.  For what, I wonder.....

P.C.

Now that's a coincident, purelife.  I had a 'Bus Depot Angel' once also.  (mind you, I wasn't anywhere as exotic as Paris).  I was on the ferry, coming back home after several days of cleaning up my dads' house after he died.  I was to catch the bus which would take me close to home, but with a hefty walk from the stop.  I was loaded down with carry-ons, AND it was pouring rain and needless to say, I was feeling pretty down.

A gal that had struck up a conversation with me (which in itself was most welcome) discovered we lived in the same area (generally).  When I got up for the call, "All passengers purchasing bus tickets....." she came after me, and offered a ride.  TO MY DOOR !!!!!

I ran into her several years later at a party, and I had the good fortune to be able to thank her all over again.  I was glad to have the opportunity to tell her, that I had told the strory many times over the years.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

tenkani

That's heartwarming, PL. Things like that renew my faith in humanity.

That reminds me. I saw this comercial the other day, it had like a "pay it forward" theme. Someone would do something nice for someone else, and then that person would do something nice for someone etc etc etc.

I was smiling and thinking that it was a great message to put out there. I thought maybe it was from a church or something and then it turned out to be an insurance ad or something and all of a sudden I'm like "f*ck!! I'VE BEEN OWNED!!!"

It's amazing how fast life can go from being fuzzy and warm to a big pile of steaming shit.

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

P.C.

Purelife wrote:    Wow, someone just smited me.  For what, I wonder.....

How bizarre !!!!  There are only 5 people on line.  Hmmmmm.  Well, 4 not including you, AND 3 not including ME.  DOUBLE Hmmmmmm.

Sportsdude

I've done a My Name is Earl type thing once and still trying.  I've been bad to lots of people some of it wasn't my fault and I just was having problems and some of it was.  I had to say sorry to a teacher I gave a bad time when I was in 8th grade. Grandpa just had died, had major depression, ran away from school, fell apart on Halloween and never went back.  Yelled at my teacher a lot.  Went back two years ago to apologize.  Made me feel better about myself.  Now if I could only do the same thing to the Megans' cliche group.  That will be a big one, anything that gets you arrested is pretty big, I guess.  

But that leads me to the nicest thing a stranger has ever done for me.  After the incident that got me arrested my dad and I cleaned up what I and a couple other people did.  Well they hired a lawyer to get my huge fine taken away and got the cops to change some key wording in the crime report.  They got it changed from spray paint to shaving cream.  This avoided a permenant record and only got me 30 hrs of community service.  For that I am grateful.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Aaaah.................... all those stories are heartwarming.

Nicest things ppl have done:

a) give a wide berth to a pregnant lady

b) hold up doors when I'm pushing the stroller

c) let Lise Jr. pat their dogs

d) today someone offered me a sample of Starbucks banana chocolate coffee!!! YIPPPEEE!!!!

OK, there are too many things that nice strangers have done for yours truly. I've done my share too. I'm a great believer in giving back to the community when I can. Positive karma to those who do good deeds unto others.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Orik

i was in church  one day . cleaning up from years of substance abuse and horrid living .  i knew his name but never really new him .. i spent 2 weeks detoxing on his couch  eating his wifes fantastic cooking ... gained a lot of weight , smoking his  menthol ciggys.  damn  that was nice of him , the church aranged for me to have a room  paid the first months rent  and got me hooked up with welfare something i never even knew exsisted .  

yah i been round the block a few times. a older lady  60 -70 something took me  from the spot i had been panhandling for  a huge meal in the bay ? resteraunt  corner of georgia and granville .  some lady returned my wallette to me a few days after i had lost it at  granville station  while running from a authority figure with a large gun . not sure what he wanted me for  possibly it might have been the fact i had just  finished selling something not to legit to another fellow.

panning on water street while  singing badly offkey a guy gave me 20 bucks . my bro street brother not blood brother did 2 years jail time  cause he got busted with my dope.  he did my time for my dope he  never said a word  and has never asked for nothin in repayment.

again pannin  on water st a lady gave me this way uber green grey fleece zip sweater ultra warm  very nice  and about 20 cans of cat food ( fancy feast ) my kitty still says thanks for that  . she said santa had deliverd it to her work place cause he had a hard time finding mine , ( prolly cuase i rarely stayrd in a place long)  

nicest thing a guy did for me  i noticed he had bought new shoes i asked if i could have his old ones , the next sunday he gave me what i thought were his old shoes they were his new ones . i have cried for many reasons over the years but i still havnt cried  over something some one has done like that ....

i tell you listen to  the song  christmass shoes by new song  youll know what cryings like . yup tons of things i could say about nice things people have done for me  but ill save some of them  for another day .    

Orik

Sighs . no other nice story's out thier. ?

bumped to bring back to  page 1  

P.C.

TehBorken

Orik wrote:
now all the new replys are on page 1  doh. i gota go mess with the settings a bit

Welcome. This link might help you get a handle on how the board functions: [a href="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/index.php?action=help"]Help manual[/a]

You can also sort the board by  Subject, Started by, Number of Replies, Number of  Views, or Last Post. I usually sort it by Last Post so the most recent posts and replies show up at the top of the board.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Orik

okay thats better . thanks [A title="View the profile of TehBorken" href="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=39"][FONT color=#000000]TehBorken[/FONT][/A] . i figured out  all i need to know , goes back to lurking cause i can . besides this thread needs a good bump.      
Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Orik

bumped for the need of some nice  things to cheer up a downtrodden ol'boy.  
Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

|