What was the nicest thing that a stranger has ever done for you?

Started by purelife, Jun 15 06 12:10

Previous topic - Next topic

purelife

It's difficult to get any work done at the moment.  

Gopher

There are times in life when work is even more trival than at others - don't worry about it!
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

Hugs, Purelife.

I remember hitting black ice while driving with my young daughter, late at night in Northern BC.  We inevitably crashed into the side of the mountain.  Amazed that we survived, all the semi's diriving late that night hit the brakes, wanting to stop and help....but putting themselves in danger as thay too would start losing control.

I grabbed my daughter, and climbed a little ways up the side of the mountain, because I was afraid someone was going to crash into us.  We were freezing..... finally 2 guys stopped to help.  I was travelling with very little money and didn't own a credit card.  He called BCAA to come and tow my car to the nearest town, telling them I was his wife.

They trusted a cheque I gave them, while they paid for a room at the towns' hotel.  In the morning, I took my daughter for breakfast, and they were there.  I thanked them a thousand times more, and when we left, they had paid for our breakfast....and my car was in the parking lot, ready to roll.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

P.C.

Glad to see you've discovered the beauty of the 'Remove' button.

Adam_Fulford

I removed it as soon as I realized that you wanted to be cheered up.  

How about this: A whole bunch of strangers helped me make a movie once, just to be part of making it, not for pay (since I couldn't afford to pay them at the time). The thrill of working together with people in independent creative endeavors can really be something else.  

tenkani

Love and hugs, PL.
Hope you feel better soon, mi amiga    

[br style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"][span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]Did Carter ever return your dog?[/span]

No. He had the poor mutt disassembled for parts and used the ribs and hide to build a shelter in Nigeria from what I heard. Still, can't complain. CARTER IS THE BEST EX PRESIDENT IN HISTORY!!!

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

SassyCassy

Are we still on the topic of the nicest thing a stranger has done?  Well, I think one of the nicest things in the world is when a gentleman runs ahead of me just to open the door.    I love it when that happens and it makes me feel very special.  
We're here for a good time, not a long time.  So have a good time, the sun can't shine everyday!..........Trooper, sometime in the '80's

purelife

Thanks you guys.  I'm feeling better now.  I just hope that it doesn't start to rain....that would really suck.  Please, could you guys do the no-rain dance for me?

P.C., your story reminded me of Stoner (ex-dv'er) who helped me by using his BCAA membership to tow my car away.  Long story, but he was so super nice and we had only just met from a dv get-together.  I miss him.  

purelife

Hi Miss Sassy!  *hugs*

That is a nice thing when a stranger does that.  And, it doesn't happen too often nowadays.  

One of my co-worker who drove me to the skytrain from my second night job opened the car door for me first.  I had a wonderful feeling because nobody ever opened the car door for me that was a guy.  

TehBorken

SassyCassy wrote:
Are we still on the topic of the nicest thing a stranger has done?  Well, I think one of the nicest things in the world is when a gentleman runs ahead of me just to open the door.    I love it when that happens and it makes me feel very special.

We usually do this just so we can get a good look at your butt.  
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

purelife

Yes, for sure!  I was going to say that but it was better to come from a guy.

Aboozer

I went skiing in sunshine village when I was like 14 with a group of people. And I lost my wallet on the ski hill with all my money in it that I had for the trip.

Anyway someone spotted me the cash for it. Anyways a few weeks after that trip I came home from school and someone mailed it to me money and all.
I am who I am, love me or hate me...f*ck you if you don't like it.

NOW WHERES MY BEER!

P.C.

Nice thread, purelife.  I liked reading those stories.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c017.gif" border=0]

|