Hello Kitten

Started by Gopher, Apr 24 06 11:35

Previous topic - Next topic
|

kitten

So how does your garden grow, Gopher?  I trust it is meeting with your approval.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

It grows brown and slowly under an almost constant sun: we've only had three days' rain in the last 46. However the roses are looking good and (thanks to a lot of watering) the vegetables are doing fine.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

Didn't you say that this prolonged sunshine was rare in your area?  Or was that only in the spring?  I hope you have a hose handy, or at least a couple of wooden buckets full of water to keep the vegetation moist.

Gopher

Yes, prolonged sunshine IS pretty rare in this area - this time : last year I was waiting in hope to catch the sight of a sunbeam and we didn't have any 'summer' at all until the end of August.So the matter of buckets and hoses actually being in use is likewise a pretty rare event.Still, I won't complain about it - I love it, but a little less would be preferable (not the amount of sunshine, the amount of heat).

kitten

Constant heat can be very debilitating after a while.  But sunshine is a great mood elevator.

Gopher

It certainly is, I've been in a great mood for ages

kitten

I can't imagine you otherwise.  You always seem to be upbeat and cheerful.

Gopher

I think I've been this way since the middle of March, I usually go down with a crash around the end of October and then find it hard to get going again until we start getting lighter days. I must do something about it this winter as it's happened six or seven years in a row.Do you have the same problem?

By the way what do you think of 'senescent'? -  AND would you find a sedan chair as acceptable as a rickshaw?

kitten

I'm on the phone long distance, so must leave.

Gopher

I've got to go as well - alas.

kitten

Getting back to your question, gray, rainy days affect me badly too.  It affects my ability to concentrate, and everything seems more difficult to accomplish.  Even leaving the apartment seems like a chore.

I don't care for the word senescent.  It reminds me of rotting, decaying things.  No particular reason, it just does.

I think a sedan chair would bounce around too much.  At least with a rickshaw the wheels give a smoother ride.

Sportsdude

I need rainy days. That and blizzards. Love that kind of weather.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

I can tolerate a certain amount of rain, but I hate the cold.  Blame it on arthritis and poor blood circulation, but cold weather hurts too much.  That is why I moved here from the Maritimes.

Sportsdude

I kinda am jealous of those giant blizzards the Maritimes get. Always wanted to see snow pile so high you can't open your door. Beats the dusting we get here now.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

Our family lived on the second floor of a three story building.  I remember the snow being piled up to just outside the bedroom window.  The little mail trucks used to come down the sidewalks with a plow attached to the front of the vehicle.

|