Hello Kitten

Started by Gopher, Apr 24 06 11:35

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Gopher

My fount has well nigh run dry, yesterday the temperature almost touched a hundred, but today - despite having fallen back to the low nineties - it's even more unbearable: rain showers every five minutes, no glimpse of the sun, it's like being in an overheated sauna: ergo I changed my avatar to that of an inukshuk, in the hope that it would cool me down.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

Your inukshuk might be more effective if you could add a generous amount of snow to it.  It would appear that we are headed for the same heat wave.  It must be sheer misery to work in that kind of heat.  I trust that you are keeping plenty of cold water on hand.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

As it kept running off my hand, I've been keeping it inside me.  

kitten

In that heat it's probably pouring out of every pore!

Gopher

Wait till it comes to you, it'll pour out of your paws as well as your pores.  

kitten

By the forecast, I won't have long to wait.  And I know it will be suffocatingly hot inside while I'm working.  I'm really NOT looking forward to the experience.

Gopher

At times like these, sticking one's head in the freezer would seem to be the best solution.

kitten

Especially if I could get the rest of me in there as well!

Gopher

Surely a sylph could manage that?

Alas Syl,  I have to crawl back to get something done.

And in preparation for the heatwave, how about making yourself a collection of fans?

kitten

I have three in my place, but they aren't portable for work.  Try to find shade while you work this afternoon.

Gopher

I spent most of the time in the underground part of the building, only re-surfacing when I knew the people above needed some help.  It's a lovely temperature down there, never too hot and never too cold.

Sportsdude

Hey Gopher, what are you doing up at this time of night?
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

Sportsdude wrote:
 Hey Gopher, what are you doing up at this time of night?[/DIV]
 Sorry I missed you, I must have logged off while you were sending the above.  How are YOU sleeping in this heat?

kitten

Good morning.  I've been trying for the last ten minutes to get this machine to work but it kept freezing on me.  Hope this is working now.

Gopher

I noticed that you had logged in but that nothing was happening - so unlike you to be silent!

|