Hello Kitten

Started by Gopher, Apr 24 06 11:35

Previous topic - Next topic
|

kitten

Like them!  He will probably insist on singing along.  Can't carry a tune but the effort is there.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

Same goes for the ancient soubrette - although you can't fault her on theatrical gesticulations.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

Have you invested in earplug stock?

Gopher

No. But it sounds as though it might be a good idea. Usually I just go into a side room and close the door

kitten

It sounds more like time to explore the back forty, starting from the far end!

Gopher

I don't know this expression. Can you elucidate?

kitten

The back forty is a farm expression.  In this case you would head to the end of your forty-acre farm to avoid unpleasantness such as discordant voices.

Gopher

Yes, of course. I knew I knew.  

kitten

Of course you did.  You were just testing to see if I could come up with a good explanation.

Gopher

No I wasn't. I was just being idiotic.

kitten

Never, sir.  You have far too fine a mind for that.

Gopher

I shall most certainly not disagree. And now I'm off, do have the most wonderful afternoon in the world!

P.C.

Hi Kitten..... you must check out the link on the 'Picture only' thread.  It's about cats 'stealing' fish.  It's quite comical.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

I did and you're right.  Two kilos is hard to believe, isn't it!  As a matter of fact it almost made me late for work, since it took a while to download.  It was fun watching them.  Thanks for the link.

P.C.

Must have been a hoot watching them while they were doing the experiment.  I kind of did the same thing once with apples.  My friend who was visiting had never seen a raccoon.  The little bandits were stealing apples out of the boxes (waiting to be turned into apple sauce) on the deck.  They had been visiting nightly, and even while she was there, but she kept missing them.

I finally set up an overturned cardboard box on top of the hot tub and set up 3 apples on top.  So we were watching and watching (and chatting) and somehow in not paying attention for only an instant, there was only one apple sitting there.  So I set them up again.  Finally she got to view the whole family.  She was tickled pink.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

|