Hello Kitten

Started by Gopher, Apr 24 06 11:35

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

Gopher wrote:
 To Sportsdude: I wondered about the Canary Islands or Madeira, but don't really know much about them. I had the feeling that an island not TOO far from the equator would probably have a nice combination of warmth and cooling breezes.

Canary Islands are off the coast of Morocco. That one canadian airliner that landed with no fuel a couple of years ago.. (I forget the name the plane had a hole in the gas tank apparently) thats where it landed I believe. Canary Islands is an autonomous region of Spain.

Madeira is north of the Canaries it too might have been the place where that plane crash landed a couple of years ago can't remember. Madeira is Portugal autonomous island so you better learn portuguese
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

Learning Portuguese shouldn't be all that much of a challenge, it's the second most spoken language (after English) where I live - due to a huge influx of Portuguese workers over the last two years. In the meantime, I'm still trying to work out just where on earth the most pleasant climate can be enjoyed all year round (for me it would ideally be eternal Spring, but I guess that's impossible).
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

How's it going Kitten.....feeling any better at all ????
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

A little, thanks.  I persuaded some tea to stick around so things are looking up.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

P.C.

That sounds a little promising Kitten.  Hang in there....it'll get better.  Keep coaxing that tea down and maybe a teeny bit of sugar.

kitten

Oh no.......never sugar.  I can't stand it in tea.  Milk, okay.  I'm going to try dry toast now, so wish me luck.  And thanks, P.C.

P.C.

Luck, Kitten.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/d038.gif" border=0]

kitten

Scratch the toast idea.  Now where did I put Plan B...........I did have a Plan B, didn't I?  

P.C.

Ginger Ale or Seven Up ????   We gotta get something in there !!!!

kitten

Tried ginger ale.  No help, just gas cramps which I REALLY don't need.  Maybe milk.  Time will heal. *but why is it taking so long???*

P.C.

When did it start, Kitten ?  

It's taking so long, because first it poisons everything in your system.  Then the 'havoc' creates new problems.....dehydration, which affects your blood, your kidneys and just about everything else.

(oh yeah.....and I hate to say it, but once we pass 14, everything takes longer)

kitten

It started last Friday, which means I've been putting up with this nonsense for a full week now.  Oh, for the resilience of youth.  And I simply HAVE to be back at work by next Wednesday.  They are still trying to find someone to cover the weekend shifts.

P.C.

And I simply HAVE to be back at work by next Wednesday.

Aaaaa, No.  You simply have to take care of yourself  

Sportsdude

Question is what did you eat on friday, where did you go?
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

......meaning look after yourself. (not that you're not caring for your....well, you know what I mean)  If you don't look after Kitten, Kitten won't be much good for anyone else.  Hmmm, where have I heard that before......KITTEN ?

|