Hello Kitten

Started by Gopher, Apr 24 06 11:35

Previous topic - Next topic
|

tenkani

Gopher, have you ever tried growing plants indoors under grow-lights?

If so, what have been your experiences?

I just started some seeds and was considering snagging a cheap fixture and a couple 24" flourescent full-spectrum bulbs. I know it's not the best choice, but I don't want to hurt my energy bill much.

Advice?
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

kitten

Grass is very good to nibble on when you have an upset tummy.  Or at least that's what my cat tells me.  Give me flowers, especially yellow roses, but to me all flowers are beautiful.  
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

To Tenkani:

No advice on this one, I've more or less confined myself to outdoors and greenhouses. Sorry I can't help.    
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Gopher

kitten wrote:
 Grass is very good to nibble on when you have an upset tummy.  Or at least that's what my cat tells me.  Give me flowers, especially yellow roses, but to me all flowers are beautiful.

Oh you sly Kitten, now you're  trying to get me to say it with flowers

kitten

I don't think I would understand you if you did.  I don't speak Flower.

Gopher

I've always found  that your language flows most efficiently.

Back to work now.

kitten

Gopher wrote:
 I've always found  that your language flows most efficiently.

[FONT color=#800000][/FONT]

[FONT color=#800000]Good morning, Gopher.[/FONT]

[FONT color=#800000][/FONT]

[FONT color=#800000]Somewhat like a babbling brook, methinks.[/FONT]

Gopher

Good morning to you too, please babble away

kitten

I don't much feel like babbling today.  My cat's kidneys are slowly failing and I have to have him hydrated at the vet twice a week.  He has lost more weight in the last week, and I don't know how much longer I'll have him, so I'm feeling somewhat down.  Life will be strangely empty when I have to let him go.

Gopher

Yes, it certainly will. When you lose a pet it's something you never really get over.

To cheer you up I'll tell you that despite the fact that it's very windy today, I walked early to work just so I could have time to appreciate  the contents of all the gardens I walked by. Lilacs in bloom all over the place, heaps of blossom had fallen from the cherry trees, making the ground beneath them look like pink snow. Yes, May is a beautiful month indeed.

Be of good heart, Kitten.

kitten

The lady I care for has lovely red rhododendrons in full bloom in the back yard.  It's a treat to look out the window at them.  Her neighbour has lilacs and hydrangea bushes.  I do love the smell of lilacs.

Thank you for your kindness, Gopher.  It is much appreciated.  

Gopher

Madame, it's my utmost pleasure. And yes,- rhododendrons, wonderful if you can get to a hillside which is almost covered in them.

kitten

I can't even imagine how beautiful that would be.  The closest thing here would be the Rhododendron Festival in Burnaby.  They are a spectacular flower.

Gopher

The best of all is when you see the mixtures of pink, salmon, white, purple, and red - with azaleas somewhere in the vicinity. You've just led me to a brainwave, I know a place not too far from me where I can luxuriate in something like this either tomorrow ot the day after (rain permitting). The again, I'm going on holiday on the 27th until June 4th so maybe I'll leave it until then as I'll be in 'real' rhododendron country.  

kitten

Oh, most fortunate of men.  A holiday in rhodo country sounds like the perfect plan for a nature lover.  In the meantime, I hope rain won't spoil your "weekend".  The forecast for my days off is rain.  *sob*

|