Hello Kitten

Started by Gopher, Apr 24 06 11:35

Previous topic - Next topic
|

kitten

Before they were unionized they were expected to do everything by some clients.  These are strictly personal care aides, which meant looking after the client and making sure the bedroom was tidy.  My best friend was a care aide and she has been asked to wash windows, haul out the trash and even wash a car!  That's why they brought in the union.  Now it has swung the other way, and they won't do anything apart from the personal care of the client.  In a way it makes sense, but it has gone overboard in the opposite direction.  Crazy, eh?
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Russ

Thats a good idea kitten about writing to the authority. I put a letter of written complaint into the building management. Its an outside cleaning company thats contracted to do the cleaning, another is contracted for the cooking.

I agree with you kitten about the company being union. It is needed to protect the people working in that job, but has gone too far when nothing is being done or said about something like my grandmothers fridge.    
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

kitten

Anything that could actively jeopardize her health is a matter for the health authorities.  That to me is elder abuse since she is incapable of doing anything about the situation.

Gopher

In many ways Alzheimers is worse for the live-in carers and family than it is for the sufferer - well, at least from my own experience. One thing which has always worried me about this disease, is how on earth the patient can make us know when they're in pain -  e.g. from severe toothache etc.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

Often I can tell that something is wrong just by watching her face as she is sleeping.  If her expression indicates pain at some level, I'll look for the cause.  But she hasn't reached the point where she is unable to tell me.  In future, as she deteriorates mentally, those expressions will be valuable communication.  May it be a long time from now.

P.C.

There's something I hadn't thought about.  How heart breaking sad that is.

*hi Kitten......home early today.  Power just came back on a little while ago.  Went out around 8:30 this morn.  The wind today was absolutely frightening.  I was scared to drive home.....drove under trees suspended 10 feet off the highway being held up only by the power lines.  (In TWO spots between work and here, which is less than a 5 minute drive)*
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

What a horrible experience, P.C.!  That would terrify me.  And to top it of, having no power!  I've been worried about you in this awful weather.  I'm SO glad you made it home safely.  

Since I was able (finally!) to get bottled water today I've been drinking it like crazy.  Best tasting stuff in the world.  I went to work late this morning so I could get it when the store opened, and I picked up some for my lady.

Hope your evening goes well after that day you had.  Put your feet up and drink a shot of "medicine".

P.C.

It WAS scary.  I don't remember seeing such a wind.  All reports said that the south Island and the north Island were going to get hit hard, but no mention of us (mid Island) and it  WAS HARD.  Even hubby was a little uneasy working in the shop today.  He said he came back in the house, for a little more protection.  I left work at 12:30.....I didn't really ask if I could leave, I kinda just told them I WAS.

I'm SO glad you got some water today.  Boy, don't we take 'the simple things' for granted.

P.C.

Oh yea....I AM in fact having a little medicine as we speak.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c007.gif" border=0]

kitten

Hurray for you!  Priming yourself for the Ebony Lounge, no doubt.  It was smart to leave early.  Better than staying there on a slow day.  If you had waited much longer you might not have been able to get home due to falling trees and wires.

kitten

Off to watch my show.  Back in an hour.

P.C.

Me too.

Ummm, what show?

kitten

Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.  It's hokey in a way, but it's nice to see people get a new start in life after tragedy has hit them.

P.C.

I like that show.  Haven't watched it for a while, but I always enjoyed it.

kitten

It was a good one tonight.  Glad I watched it.

|