Hello Kitten

Started by Gopher, Apr 24 06 11:35

Previous topic - Next topic
|

kitten

Good evening, P.C., and everyone else.

I did a bit of running around to a couple of labs, but otherwise I just put my feet up and relaxed.  Back to work tomorrow.

Sounds like a bit of good news/bad news for you today.  Good you only had to work 2 hours, but also bad.  Are they NUTS working Christmas Day??  How many people are they expecting to show up?  Most folks spend the day with their families.  I hope they don't follow through with that stupid plan.

I'm working Christmas Eve and New Years Eve, but luckily my days off are Christmas and New Year's day.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

P.C.

Well, I've made it pretty clear, not to schedule me in.  You'd think that they would have the management cover these days, as they are all salary.  Quadruple time still wouldn't do it for me.

Lab stuff today ???  Yuck...doesn't sound like the best way to spend a day off.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

I don't blame you at all, P.C.!  You should have that day to spend with your family and friends.  I worked last Christmas, but with no family here it was just another day, as far as I was concerned.

One lab wasn't bad, (the ultrasound) but I hate having my blood drawn by someone inept.  She was new and nervous, and I was her first candidate for destruction.  She made a stab (lol) at it but finally had to call another lab tech over.  I didn't need that first thing in the morning, without coffee!

kitten

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/muede/e015.gif" border=0] Sorry, P.C., but I'm half asleep so I should get to bed.  

Goodnight, and have a restful sleep.

P.C.

Don't be sorry....sleep well, Kitten.

Russ

Evening all! I think missed everyone though, so also, uh, goodnight.

That stroke of genius by management seems to be the way it works with them, you are right to say no right from the get go. When I was a gas jockey when I was fresh outta HS working when I wasnt in college I had to work two xmas eves and days. I refused on new years and new years day tho. Christmas should be for family unless you choose to work. To be honest I kindve like it when Im away for Christmas, when I get home things are cheaper and easier to buy for presents and it means more when we have a "Russ Christmas" as my immediate family calls it.

As for me, I went shopping with my g/f after eating East Indian food. I ended up buying a bunch of much needed stuff, but also walked out with a box of mango's. Im on my fourth mango now, lol.    
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Russ

Cant help it.. Ive wanted to do this for a while.

Hello Kitten! In the hello kitten thread..
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

kitten

Hello to you, Russ.  Welcome back to the thread.  It does look redundant, doesn't it!

Gopher

A redundant hello from me too!
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

Hi Kitten

Had to dig down to page 3 for this.  How goes your day.  I actually got out of the driveway today and got to run around and get a few things done.  Hubby got out yesterday, but today was my first out since last Saturday.  Driving felt foreign to me.....lol

kitten

I know what you mean.  A couple of days off the road and you start wondering where all your skills went.  lol

After this morning my day was fine.  Unfortunately when I went out this morning the path was glare ice and I couldn't see it in the dark.  I invented a brand new dance and landed on my right side, which now glows in a rainbow technicolour.  Nothing broken, and noone to see my embarassment..  I WISH winter would just go away!

Good to see you got out and about.  A person can go stir-crazy indoors after a while.  (not when you are hanging off a slippery roof over a hot tub, but you know what I mean)

P.C.

Oh NO....not another fall.  Kitten!!!!  Goodness sakes girl, we're going to have to get you some hockey equipment.  You always know when you've done yourself a mischief when the bruises come out right away.

I was 'decking the halls' the last few days. It usually takes me about a week....apparently I get carried away....lol    I don't normally do it this early, but I figured I might as well use the extra 'snow days off' I've had this week.  Back to work tomorrow.

Sportsdude

I spent the whole day watching the convention then went outside and shoveled about 1,000lbs of very thick ice my heart started to feel weird so I quit.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

Aww, P.C., The vacation ended too soon, but the paycheque is back, so I guess that's good.

I'm glad I was wearing a parka.  It protected my upper body, but the groceries went flying as the air became a little bluer and warmer.

Sportsdude

Hope you're okay there kitten.  Last night I had a scare with my car was going down the street hit some black ice and my car did a complete 360.  Other then that its been okay down here. Shoveling has been a pain though thick thick ice.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

|