Hello Kitten

Started by Gopher, Apr 24 06 11:35

Previous topic - Next topic
|

kitten

I think the anticipation is the best part of it all.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

So do I  every time -  one reason why I don't bother so much about winter is that when it comes I start imagining  the coming spring.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

Rain keeps spring forever in my thoughts.  June may be dryer.  That's what I look forward to.  Off to work now.

Gopher

Look forward to finishing!
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

Bye Kitten.......[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/a010.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

I'M BAAACK!     *in case you hadn't noticed*       [img onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='#C6D3EF';this.style.border='1px solid #3169C6'; " style="BORDER-RIGHT: #3169c6 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #3169c6 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #3169c6 1px solid; CURSOR: pointer; BORDER-BOTTOM: #3169c6 1px solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #c6d3ef" onclick="InsertImage('/forums/richedit/smileys/Teasing/12.gif');" onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor=''; this.style.border=''" src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/richedit/smileys/Teasing/12.gif" align=absMiddle]

P.C.

lol....I noticed.  Your day went smoothly I hope? [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a070.gif" border=0]

Spent the better part of the day cleaning my craft room and the laundry room.  Both seem to be nasty 'catch alls'.  

kitten

Some days I think my entire apartment has becom a "catch-all" area.  Work went as well as could be expected.  I have to do a lot of sterilizing for her, since she is so vulnerable at that age.  A sickness could spell disaster for her.

P.C.

Yipes.  Doesn't sound too good.

You know, it makes me wonder about things like that....alzheimers (sp?) dimentia (?).  I've always told my hubby that if I ever get like that when I get old, ( I mean if I ever got to the point that I didn't even know him) that I don't want him to come and see me......MOVE ON.  He says...."You won't have a big choice in the matter".

But it kind of gives me the creeps.  I think that if I don't know him any more....that would mean he doesn't know ME any more.  It feel like it would be 2 strangers trying to be polite.    

kitten

You might not know him any more, but the sound of his voice would still comfort and reassure you.  You never know what will trigger a brief moment of recognition, however fleeting it may be.  And of course he will know you.  He will have years of memories of what you liked, how you laughed, the sheer pleasure of being with you.  These things can't be forgotten.  So don't ever think it would be like two strangers in the room, it couldn't happen.  There are too many bonds tying you together.  Remember the vow, "In sickness and in health".  I'm sure he would.

Russ

Hmm! I think you might be the person to ask kitten.

My grandmother being of the young age of 94 is starting to lose her sences, more specifically her sight. Still with it mental wise, she remembers stuff I told her that I dont.

My biggest thing now is I have to go to her appartment and clean her fridge once a week, please note she lives in assisted living with cleaning and meals included. Things like make sure she has things covered properly so they dont spoil, things left out or questionable are thrown out and spills are scrubbed before the stink.

Case: I went to her place and as soon as I went in I could tell something was off.. the cleaner had just left. I followed my nose and went to the fridge, and opened it. First thing I saw, was rotten spills down the sides and onto the bottom including into the crispers. There was half covered foods and half drank glasses of liquids that had mold floating on them. My grandmother apparently has been taking what she doesnt drink up to her suite and leaving it in her fridge. I went through and cleaned everything out in the fridge, covering everything worth saving and scrubbed all.

I then went and complained to the management about it, I mean the smell was STILL obvious in the there and there was no way the cleaner didnt notice. My grandmother can get VERY sick from that. Their answer was that the cleaners union doesnt include cleaning fridges which they forgot to tell families about, so its up the the person in question to do. I still said if its noticable like that, they should mention it or do something about it, not ignore it, I also demanded that the people like my grandmother not be alowed to take leftover milk and juice they didnt drink up to their rooms from their meals, there was about 12 glasses in her fridge, half at least were rotten.

Is there anything I can do to help her NOT have this in her fridge? Like somehow get her to throw all the stuff out instead of keeping it?

I try to talk to her and she just smiles and pats my cheek then walks away. She likes Red Robbins though, lol.  
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

kitten

Sounds like she is in a bad place.  Does the management of the building provide the cleaning service or is it an agency that is called in.  I don't know if Fraser Health covers that area (Vancouver?), but you should be calling the health authorities on it.  I'm wondering if you could call the health inspectors in that area and ask them to check on the building if they are the ones providing assisted living.  If it is an outside agency you report it to the head of the agency and tthreaten to change to another agency if care isn't improved immediately.  Do you happen to know when they come into her apartment?  If so, would it be possible to arrange to be there at that time?  It does present a real danger to her since she doesn't have the resistance to germs that she used to.

Lise

That's really stupid, Russ. They should be able to go in and clean the fridge for crying out loud. I mean, get rid of the smell and who knows what might lurk in the air afterwards.

Speaking of old homes. We, certified dental assistants, cannot enter an old folks home to clean and help maintain patient teeth even though we're certified to do so. We have the means to help and aid those in need but because of government red tape are unable to do so. We realized that oral hygiene is one of the many areas that are neglected.

*sigh*
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

kitten

Where I work, the certified care aids aren't allowed to do any housework.  So I have the unlovely job of cleaning up after them as well as doing my regular work.  They won't even wipe up a spill they have made on the counter!

Lise

Certified aid workers aren't allowed to do something as simple as moping up spills? That's stupid!! Even if I certified, I would do what I can to help. Every little bit add up in the end.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

|