Hello Kitten

Started by Gopher, Apr 24 06 11:35

Previous topic - Next topic
|

kitten

Poor Tigger!  He must have been starved.  Some cats will eat odd things, but most of them are very fussy.  I tried to give Kaycee some canned cat food and he wouldn't touch it.  He only eats dry cat food.  I think they establish their eating habits when they are young, and that's it for the rest of their lives.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

Could YOU imagine eating only dry food, kitten?
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

Noooo!   *cough, cough, shoke, choke*

Gopher

Does he drink milk, or is he an 'only water' cat?

Sportsdude

Well Angel was an outdoor cat who I think ate dry cat food but during the past 2 years she loved wet food.

Tigger wouldn't touch the wet food stuff. But he does eat a TON, sheesh. So I don't think it bothered him persay but he's got food now so thats all that matters. Heck, he's not like Ozzie. I got him hooked on cheerios (but then again he eats anything). Tried throwing some at Tigger and he'd sniff it, but I think he ate it once but didn't like it. lol.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sportsdude

Milk? never gave a cat milk before?

kitten

Kaycee only drinks water, but that's a good thing.  Once a cat has reached full growth it can't digest milk properly.  

Gopher

Oh yes, I've always given cats milk. But recently I did some cat-sitting and found that the cat would only drink water.  

kitten

Also giving cats processed food is not good for them, such as scraps from the table.  It's probably the seasoning that they can't handle.

Gopher

Does Kaycee prefer 'natural' water to that which comes from the tap?

Sportsdude

oh okay, he doesn't like human food anyway. Likes to kill things though. The day after Angel was found he caught a chipmunk. lol. Then he got a bird but stupid Ozzie put it in his mouth and yes tried to eat it  

Gopher

Perfect smiley (or do I mean sicky) for your message!

kitten

I haven't found out what he prefers, but he gets tap water that has been properly chilled and put into a small fountain to resemble running water.  He was trying to drink from the tap, so I had to find an alternative method.

Spooky used to catch birds, but he never ate them, he just left them as presents for me.  Contributing his share of the groceries.   lol

I must get ready for my lunch shift now.  It's nice to know it's the last for the day.  

Gopher

kitten wrote:
 Spooky used to catch birds, but he never ate them, he just left them as presents for me.  Contributing his share of the groceries.  

[FONT color=#bf00bf]So YOU ate them?[/FONT]

kitten

I couldn't, really.  He refused to clean them for me.

|