Hello Kitten

Started by Gopher, Apr 24 06 11:35

Previous topic - Next topic
|

kitten

Can you imagine a country that was governed only by the intelligent?  I suppose a benevolent dictatorship would be a close approximation, but I can't imagine it would stay benevolent even if that was the original intent.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

If I had to choose between an intelligent government and a compassionate government, then I'd vote for the latter any day.

I have the thought that a compassionate governement if far more likely to evolve (in the very distant future) than any government which has even the vaguest pretension to intelligence. At the very least, this is a pleasant delusion.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

Doesn't true compassion require intelligence?

Gopher

I don't really think it does - not something I've deeply considered, I just have a hunch that the two spring from entirely different sources.

kitten

How can compassion exist without the intelligence to understand why it is needed?

Gopher

Oh surely there is a thing as natural compassion? I don't believe that the 'higher qualities' can be taught (other than through one's experience of life and inward inspiration).

kitten

I see your point.  I had thought of compassion as a mark of intelligence, but I can see that they can be mutually exclusive.  I concede.

Gopher

And as you concede, I depart back to work. Not much to do and then I can say cheerio to it until Sunday.

kitten

May the final part of the work day go smoothly.

Gopher

It did, and needless to say because I have today off yesterday's surprising sunshine and 80 degrees have deteriorated to the decidedly cool (although still humid) and drizzly.

kitten

Hope today brings sunshine your way, Gopher.  Do you plan to take Sunday off as well?

P.C.

Good morning Kitten.

Working today ????
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

Good morning. P.C.  Yes I am, much to my chagrin.  And you?

P.C.

Well, I thought I'd just relax today.   [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/verschiedene/c010.gif" border=0]          
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

Huge round of prolonged applause!!!  SO glad to hear it.

|