Vancouver Smoke Free environment

Started by purelife, Mar 18 08 12:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Michel

P.C.

You like your cell do ya Michel ?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

kitten

I wish people would stop using cell phones while driving.  Some people do some pretty scary things while they are talking.  I even saw a guy take his hand off the wheel while he tried to emphasize a point on his phone.  I just managed to dodge in time.  Nervewracking!
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

P.C.

.....and then there's that lovely feeling you get when you're standing there talking to somebody.....face to face...in the flesh.....and they will aswer the phone and talk to 'whoever' right in front of you.

And someone standing in front of you in line at the checkout is having a conversation with someone, who is clearly calling from another planet, because they seem to feel they need to yell.  (I thought you only needed to do that when you used the paper cups and string method of communication.)

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/konfus/n015.gif" border=0]

Heeheeee.....for real.....

[TABLE bgColor=#ffffdd border=1] [TBODY] [TR] [TD align=middle colSpan=2][SMALL]Anti-Spam Bot-Stopper
Please type the text below into this field[/SMALL][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD align=middle] [STYLE type=text/css]    TD.at_r1 (vertical-align:bottom;)    [/STYLE]  [TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0] [TBODY] [TR] [TD][/TD] [TD class=at_r1 rowSpan=2]te[/TD] [TD][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD]kit[/TD] [TD]n[/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE][/TD] [TD][INPUT size=10 value=kitten name=sauce][/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE][INPUT accessKey=s onclick="return scheck(); return submitThisOnce(this);" tabIndex=3 type=submit value=Post name=post] [INPUT accessKey=p onclick="return (typeof(document.postmodify.attachmentPreview) == "undefined" || !document.postmodify.attachmentPreview.value || confirm('You will have to reattach any attachments, continue with preview?')) && submitThisOnce(this);" tabIndex=4 type=submit value=Preview name=preview][img id=fetchSessionTemp alt="" src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/Themes/default/images/blank.gif"]

kitten

ROFL!!  Another thing is when they use their phone to do a running commentary from one end of the store to the other.  I can't understand how anyone can talk that long without saying anything intelligent.

P.C.

[FONT color=#b9b9b9]ROFL!!  Another thing is when they use their phone to do a running commentary from one end of the store to the other.[/FONT]  I can't understand how anyone can talk that long without saying anything intelligent.

Oh I do.  That's my specialty.

But at least I have to good taste to do it in person. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/e058.gif" border=0][/DIV]

kitten

I don't believe that for a minute.  You're far too intelligent to blather meaninglessly for any length of time.  I attribute my own blathering to a tendency to keep one foot placed firmly in my mouth at all times.

Sportsdude

if they ban cell phone driving, then I'm never going to be able to make it driving through flat prairie places (if I'm driving alone).

somewhere in Manitoba^

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

Are you sure it's Manitioba, it looks like Saskatchewan to me.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

Seems to me that if you are concentrating on your conversation, you aren't paying as much attention to the road, SD.  

purelife

Couldn't a map do the trick, SD?

P.C.

I'm not one to defend cell phone chatting while driving, but I'm somewhat certain I could drive that stretch blindfolded.  Holy DULLSVILLE !!!!!  

purelife

Cruise control, Miss PC... ya set it and forget it. ;)

Gopher

Just think of all the gophers.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

|