Vancouver Smoke Free environment

Started by purelife, Mar 18 08 12:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

the pic says its from Manitoba, wait, no I think its Saskatchewan now. lol

well if I'm on a highway, the only car that I've seen for hours is mine. I'm by myself, the radio isn't picking up any stations and I can't find the Ipod connector. I'm going to go mad eventually unless there's a storm or something cool to look at.

Kansas does that to me past Salina. That's when everything goes flat and you're in the rain shadow from the mountains. So no trees. Just yellow everywhere. Its surreal and it makes me go bonkers. I love the eastern part of Kanas because its rolling hills.

Wyoming is the most desolate state I've ever seen, but its beautiful. I don't mind desolation, heck I'd move to Wyoming in a heart beat. Its just hours after hours of seeing nothing around you, except yellow and its flat, no turns in the road, no houses, people, cars etc. I can listen to nothing but the wind for 3-4hrs but after that, i need to talk to somebody.

[a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Route_50_in_Nevada"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Route_50_in_Nevada[/a]

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

SD...you should think about picking up some comedy track CD's....they're great for a long ride....or you can get novels on CD as well.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

you know, I've had cruise control on every car I've driven on long trips. Never used it that often. I always seem to forget that I'm actually pushing it down, don't get tired etc. lol

P.C.

I'll tell ya.....I went through the prairies ONCE.....and it was once too many.  Never never again.  If I want to get to the east coast, I'm going via the Panama Canal.    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

Can't you just buy another ipod connector or borrow if you're tight on cash?

Or, listen to some cassette tapes.

Sportsdude

I was thinking learning German CDs.
Books are great though. I'd listen to the BBC when working at nights, and for a half hour around 3:30 they'd read a book. Now they dropped that in favour of interviews from authors. Richard Dawkins The Selfish Gene comes to mind. Great stuff.
The car I took up here doesn't have a CD player. I've got to funnel everything through the ipod through the adapter.

kitten

When you are too sure that there is nothing around you, you relax to the point where you aren't alert.  If an animal suddenly crosses the road it takes more time to react.  
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

I like listening to the news. They give you the time every 30mins talk about world events, and I end up commenting on stuff. lol 'conversations with the radio'. lol  

Gopher

Is there much snow lying about, SD?  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

purelife

Wyoming is the most desolate state I've ever seen, but its beautiful. I don't mind desolation, heck I'd move to Wyoming in a heart beat. Its just hours after hours of seeing nothing around you, except yellow and its flat, no turns in the road, no houses, people, cars etc. I can listen to nothing but the wind for 3-4hrs but after that, i need to talk to somebody.

[/i][/DIV]If you must talk to somebody after "3-4 hours" then why move to a more desolute place like Wyoming?  You say that you don't mind desolate... I'm confused.

Sportsdude

purelife wrote:
 [div][em]Wyoming is the most desolate state I've ever seen, but its beautiful. I don't mind desolation, heck I'd move to Wyoming in a heart beat. Its just hours after hours of seeing nothing around you, except yellow and its flat, no turns in the road, no houses, people, cars etc. I can listen to nothing but the wind for 3-4hrs but after that, i need to talk to somebody. [/em]
[em]
[/em][/div]If you must talk to somebody after "3-4 hours" then why move to a more desolute place like Wyoming?  You say that you don't mind desolate... I'm confused.

Here's Kansas: mind numblingly boring
[img style="width: 375px; height: 280px;" src="http://i26.tinypic.com/ehixvp.jpg"]

Here's Wyoming:
[img style="width: 378px; height: 283px;" src="http://i31.tinypic.com/oswk1c.jpg"]

That's what most of southern Wyoming looks like, you drive through canyons, mountains, then you've got flat parts that look out towards giant buttes. Then in the North you've got Yellowstone and the Tetons.  

Lil Me

I'm trying to remember to use speakerphone in the car, even just for checking voice mail while driving.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

i use the speaker phone a lot as well.  

Van

Wyoming is the home of Jackson Hole and a big chunk of the Rockies, that part of it is cool.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

|