Started by Gopher, Apr 16 06 11:15

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

A Russian Journal- John Steinbeck

I cannot escape memoir/travel writing for the life in me. lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

The Uncommon Reader - Alan Bennett  (in which the Queen discovers that one can find reading enjoyable)
A fool's paradise is better than none.

DDD

The microwave instructions on my dinner
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

Natasha

^lol

DS, of course  =)

Gopher

Looks as though I've unintentionally settled on a billionth reading of Gone With The Wind

Orik

Pretty soon, meaning with in a few hours I will start reading The Gathering Storm. Robert Jordan's final novel. Written mostly by another author after his sad unfortunate and untimely death.

[a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gathering_Storm_%28novel%29"]Courtesy Of Wiki Copied verbatim. [/a]
The Gathering Storm is the 12th book of the fantasy series The Wheel of Time. It was incomplete when its author, Robert Jordan, died on September 16, 2007, from cardiac amyloidosis. His widow Harriet McDougal and publisher Tom Doherty chose Brandon Sanderson to continue the book after Jordan's death.

Jordan originally intended to finish the series in a single volume titled A Memory of Light, but when Sanderson began writing the book it became clear a split was required as it was believed a single volume would be too large to print. The expected final book was then split into three volumes: The Gathering Storm, Towers of Midnight, and A Memory of Light.

The books would be published a year apart with the first volume, The Gathering Storm, published on October 27, 2009; a week earlier than originally announced. Upon its release, it immediately rose to the #1 position on the The New York Times hardcover fiction Best Seller list, making it the fifth consecutive Wheel of Time book to reach the #1 position on that list.

The three books will together encompass what can be considered Jordan's final vision of the series. In the foreword, Sanderson states that they can be thought of as "the three volumes of A Memory of Light or as the final three books of The Wheel of Time. Both are correct." He also comments on the differing writing style, suggesting that it could be compared to different film directors directing the same script.

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

DDD

I read a book once.................opsssss comic sorry

Sportsdude

Fishing in Utopia by Andrew Brown  

DDD

DS.......then back to the microwave instructions

Gopher

The House on the Strand - Daphne du Maurier

Orik

I am still reading the gathering storm but the final 12 chapters It will be just a few short hours till I start it over again. Read it once to get the whole story & twice to make sure you did not miss anything seemingly insignificant.  
Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Sportsdude

Hunter S Thompson - Hell's Angels.

Sportsdude

Down and Out in Paris and London  

Gopher

Sportsdude wrote:
Down and Out in Paris and London  

I've been meaning to read that for years.

Sportsdude

Chapter 14 of that book explains our current world in a nutshell---- and to think this book was published in 1933.

|